Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cable Modem and Wireless Router

• 20-11-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, strange problem:

I have chorus cablenet connected to a Belkin wireless router (standard Argos jobbie). I connected the cable modem to the router and voila, wireless internet for anyone who wanted it, zero router configuration required. However, one day I came home and the router was dead. Odd, so I bought another one, exactly the same. (I'll later on see if I can get Belkin to compensate me for the broken router.)

However, now, I can't get the internet to work via the router. If I plug the cable modem directly to my laptop, internet works fine. But if I connect the cable modem to the router, nothing. DNS server cannot be found, I'm told. The router's status page even shows that the Internet Connection is active, but none of the connected PCs are getting an internet connection; DNS errors are showing up the whole time. The router is setup to automatically get settings from the ISP and the modem, which usually worked before.

I cannot access the cable modems web interface from behind the router, which shows that a connection really isn't getting through.

I have also tried 3 other routers to see if its just the Belkin, but the same DNS problem appears for these.

I have also done a hard reset of the cable modem... but to no avail...

Has anybody ever heard of this problem? Does it sound like the cable modem is broken? It's driving me absolutely mad.... I know a fair bit about networking and have been able to resolve problems before, so this is really frustrating....

If anybody has ANY ideas, please help!

Thanks

Dave

Advertisement