Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do when playing vs laggers

Options
  • 20-11-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

i just find it so annoyin that such ppl are allowed to play
    i mean they are just a bunch of kids who think are so good when they beat u 5 - 0 just because i see the players movin with 4 seconds of delay
    but what should konami do against them?
    why cant they not test the bandwidth of the user to see if its suitable for playin , and stoppin all this ppl for ruining the proper games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

4 second delay! thats nearly unplayable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They not lagging really, just in feckin Asia somewhere.
    Should be flag beside ppl to show you what country they in, i only play IRE and UK peoplenad its perfect no lag. Berns is on BT and is laggy, Hill16 also a bit laggy at times but other than that its perfect.

One of the english servers had 98 Japanese players in it the other night, its ridiculous. We can stretch into Europe but beyond it so avoid playing anyone really far away.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

with 4 seconds delay there is no game. ended up insulting the guy and viceversa :rolleyes: thats cos he was sayin stuff like im so good etc etc which u can easily relate to a miserable 12 year old
    i played 2 in a row with another lagger although this second if i entered the command it would only show up 2 seconds later and u can imagine the effects.luckly i set the game to 5 min so im still sane

in asia?? cant those ppl just play their winning eleven instead of wreckin our pes? or is the server the same for both games?

j4vier wrote:
    in asia?? cant those ppl just play their winning eleven instead of wreckin our pes? or is the server the same for both games?

No they bought PEs6 to play Europeans, only play 2 bar people or the group.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

lately its been 1 half each

if you notice, you host one half, they host the other

when this happens, you need to make the most of their lag

i had a 6-6 game with a guy, went to Extra time, i defended gallantly with lag and hammered him 10-7, yeah 2 second lag is tough, but not completely unplayable, if you can keep the scoreline down in your lag half, you definitely can destroy them in the second

keep you head about you, simple passing, they wont be intercepting, any pressing to intercept wont happen till 2 seconds later, when around the box, heavy use of R2, step around them and when they dive in 2 seconds later, move past and score

patience is whats needed for the lag, but its definitely playable

what i was referrin to its not the usual lag..

i can tell when a game is playable and when its not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

'Extra' Lag on purpose is annoying indeed.

What is also annoying is the fact that I can never get a decent match up going. Almost everyone plays as either Chelsea, Barca, Inter or Brazil :mad:

Takes a lot of the fun out of the game. Love playing against/as some of the so called weaker teams. Bit of variety you know ?!

And its not just who they play as also...its their style of play...run down wing and ALWAYS cut inside to try to find the likes of Shevchenko in the box with a simple pass.

brianon wrote:
    'Extra' Lag on purpose is annoying indeed.

What is also annoying is the fact that I can never get a decent match up going. Almost everyone plays as either Chelsea, Barca, Inter or Brazil :mad:

Takes a lot of the fun out of the game. Love playing against/as some of the so called weaker teams. Bit of variety you know ?!

And its not just who they play as also...its their style of play...run down wing and ALWAYS cut inside to try to find the likes of Shevchenko in the box with a simple pass.

Fun to some people is winning and stats, i play everyone with WHU then move onto to other clubs usually based on the days CL or weekends LA Liga or PL.

Much more fun playing someone 4 times with the leagues exact fixtures. Or my fav Derby , whoever they pick i pick their city rival.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

KdjaCL wrote:
    Fun to some people is winning and stats, i play everyone with WHU then move onto to other clubs usually based on the days CL or weekends LA Liga or PL.

Much more fun playing someone 4 times with the leagues exact fixtures. Or my fav Derby , whoever they pick i pick their city rival.

kdjac

when i played yourself i picked newcastle as im a toon fan

when im playing non boards crew i pick real madrid, as ive found myself playing better with them. if someone picks brazil i'll pick england as my team,

as for other games, if someone picks arsenal i'll choose chelsea and vice versa

barca .vs. real, a.c. inter,

someone said he wanted to have a match home nationality vs home nationality, so i picked ireland, he picked the ivory coast, in fairness ireland have a quiet strength about them, 7-1 it finished

enjoying the online play, 70 something games now, nearly 40% winning ratio, so far, just need to keep to the non lagging games, and keep focused.

played a few 2v2 games, i find the other person pulling the keeper out has lost me a good few matches, played well with the other people, passing, going forward, but the keeper stranded near the edge of the box and simple passes cross fields killing us.

definitely finding the 2v2 games tough, never really played too much 2v2 in any version of pro evo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone want a 2v2 match tonight ? say around 8:30pm ? Lobby 7.
    Maybe 4 boards members.

brianon wrote:

QUOTE]

it is really annoyin indeed,
    nearly any1 is capable of gettin adriano , win a few contrasts and blast it in the net. it really takes nothin with players like henry sheva or ronaldinho.
    but its part of the game i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

j4vier wrote:
    it is really annoyin indeed,
    nearly any1 is capable of gettin adriano , win a few contrasts and blast it in the net. it really takes nothin with players like henry sheva or ronaldinho.
    but its part of the game i guess..

Wouldn't agree with that, I play alot of people with teams like Germany, Serbia, and sometimes Nigeria and mostly hammer Brazil etc...

Teams like Brazil & France aren't too good against a defensive team like Germany, I also think most players as was said before play the same, wingplay and then trying to cross it for the tap in etc...All you do is make sure that you set your 4 defenders as CB and have defence on high to avoid teams like Brazil getting in behind you, works well for me :)

I'll be online at 7 if anyone wants a game drop me a PM..

Cheers
    Fusion

the team might suffer in the overall, but players like adriano have individual skills, which can punish u anytime.
    even if u put ur defense back, the opponent can bring adriano back too, with his mix of power and precision it is not goin to be to difficult to score from outside the box.

also not mention when playin in laggy conditions..
    try to mark him with a 2 sec delay, he already got past u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steve.b.p

playing with lag is very annoying,but thats life u just have 2 get on with it and try 2 play people with 2 or more bars only

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ChairmanCow

brianon wrote:

You would swear that the game only had five feckin teams!! I had a little scroll down the list of players in the room just there and most had Chelsea. Barca, Madrid etc. as the teams in their last 5 games...

I always choose Wigan(not really sure why...:) ) and just beat a guy playing as Barca 1-0 and 2-1. The funny thing was him repeatedly calling me "lucky boy" like some sort of Vietnamese prostitute and saying how I didnt deserve to win.

I mean, come on! When Deco heads in a parried shot because of poor defending from Boyce is no cause for celebration but when Heskey latches on to a back heel pass from Connolly on the edge of the box, completely throwing off Puyol and Marquez, and continues on to gracefully side-foot curl the ball around Valdes into the corner: now that is pure magic:D

Advertisement