Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oh no..damage =(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Gerry wrote:
    I assume the bodyshop have checked for structural damage also?

Both Peugeot Garages took it inside for some testing. I was waiting about 40 minutes for each quote.

I got the structural report off the local peugeot garage and it says it's just cosmetic damage basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

kbannon wrote:
    The lorry was driving along when the OP pulled in front of them - not picking on the OP but it could be classified as careless driving or driving without due care and attention. The lorry os not obliged to give way to a car in the next lane.

Difficult to prove a flash and if you can its even more difficult to prove its intention

A guy in my area did the same thing. He won the court case and claimed off his insurance. It was totally HIS fault too, changed lane without indicating or looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Well, true to form, this guy isn't paying for my damage :P

He rang me about 30 minutes after the crash, told me not to get the insurance involved if the repair was less than the excess of 2000, so i didnt..

I sent him the quotes after I tried to ring him and he texted me to tell me to send them to him, and he replied with a 'I'll ring you tonight' ...and he didnt.

Now he just won't pick up his phone...

I got the contact info from the CRO website so I have his name and address. I've bought a new Q/Panel from england (over 170 euro cheaper :D) but i'm gonna use the savings to see a solicitor and let him tell me my options - then i'll decide whether or not to take this one on the chin :)

Advertisement