Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar!

Options
  • 20-11-2006 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Is solar back down to 18's? It seems to be doing well the past few saturday nights and liquid is supposed to be fairly quiet, suppose solar needed to ease up a little to get the crowd back!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

how long has solar been going. must be 7 years now , fair play to them.
    its ment to be going for a revamp in jan,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 misemealltach

been going a good few years alright!
    Meant to be just saturdays and closing for that revamp after christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

been going a good few years alright!
    Meant to be just saturdays and closing for that revamp after christmas!

no!!! i never heard about the revamp?! so no solar after chrismas? eeek!

eh loving the whole membership cards for knights! trendy i must say guys!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

eh loving the whole membership cards for knights! trendy i must say guys!:D
    I can't believe some people actually think that's cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

new club in trim is supposed to be pretty similar to solar, xango i believe its called, cusack owns both hotels so its no surprise! same 21s policy and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Yes solar are letting some 18 yr olds in but still keeping the whole "21's" thing going!!
    So glad solar is back, liquid is like a creche these days :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

mate of mine does the lights/dj's sometimes in solar, liquid and he said he was over in the new place in trim, said a lot of money has been spent doing it up, but the sound was never set up right,

He said that they were getting it looked at

Solar is over due a makeover now, really is, but will they spend the money on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beyond_Osiris

Sofireland. have you got and email address for your friend who does dj in solar. do you know how he got that gig. is he with a dj agency or is he friends with someone in the hotel. would love to know how to go about getting a slot some where in navan if possible

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Well we used to be barstaff in the place, he gets on well with the owner, so thats how he landed the gig, i don't think he's with an agency, its more a group of mates who help each other out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

the guys who do solar are a company based in dundalk and they do most of the work for the newgrange,they also cover ardboyne hotel (liquid) and the castle arch in trim (xangos) nightclubs and most functions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I was in Xango last night and I have to say there's nothing wrong with the sound, to be quite honest there are few clubs I've been to in Meath, Dublin or Kildare where it was this good, so they must have gotten it checked out, and fixed up well! It's a good size, with 4 bars and 2 floors, an abundance of lounging space and a nicely sized dancefloor, doesnt take a busy night to fill the floor but still it'll be a great floor on a busy night

Advertisement