Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Skip

Options
  • 20-11-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Someone has put a skip outside my house.

It's in paid parking spot so requires a permit. That's the grounds I will be citing to have it removed.

Anyone know who I need to contact?

The real reason is:
    a) doesn't appear to belong to house on our road
    b) is actually blocking an already narrow road.
    c) is going to attract every pikie in the country because it's on corner of main road.

I'm just waiting for some spanner to park a van across the road from it and completely block off the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

First call: The skip hire company - number conveniently located on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Karoma wrote:
    First call: The skip hire company - number conveniently located on the side.

Wouldn't have much confidence in them sorting it out. Wouldn't be in their interests.

Plus, I want the element of surprise. They would be well aware that it's placed illegally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ballooba wrote:
    Wouldn't have much confidence in them sorting it out. Wouldn't be in their interests.

Plus, I want the element of surprise. They would be well aware that it's placed illegally.

fill it up with all your rubbish and all your neighbours rubbish, that crap mattress, that cupboard, OUT!

ring skip company and say its FULL (also say you rang the council) it will be gone in a flash so it will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to the litter and parking people in your council. Expalin that you consider the location of the skip unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi ballooba

There's a link @ dublincity.ie....It dosen't mention the 15 metres from corner that they'yy tell ya over phone
    t

• Advertisement

Thanks Tapest, My sister stupidly went out and spoke to the builders this morning.

She asked them have they got a permit. Of course they're going to say they have.

Now I can't ring the council because the builder and my neighbour will know who rang the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ballooba wrote:
    Now I can't ring the council because the builder and my neighbour will know who rang the council.
    There are two words you use to respond to them; "Bite me".

If it's outside your house and causing an obstruction, ring the council and have it removed. Otherwise you're essentially allowing yourself to be bullied by your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why do you think they don't have a permit? No skip company will deliver a skip with their name/number on the side of it without a permit.

That's a waste permit. It's different. This particular skip has permit #11 on the side.

A permit is required from Dublin City Council if the skip is going to be on a footpath or in a paid parking spot. This is a giant skip traversing both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Sure, that's what I mean, the skip company generally won't deliver unless you have a permit beforehand (in my experience).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I dunno i know a few people who've had skips delivered just by telling the skip company 'yes i have a permit'. They never bother to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

If your skip is 15 metres from corner, not causing obstruction and there are no traffic restrictions (ie yellow lines. paid parking etc) then you don't need permit,
    t

Advertisement