Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy.... A green bottle of Buxkfast!

Options
  • 20-11-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

The GF bought me a bottle of B on sat that I never drank. Just went to pull it out of my bag there to drink now and WOAH! A GREEN BOTTLE! When did they start selling the green bottles in Ireland?!

She bought it in Harvest near Domnick Street

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are they usually another colour?

Not a buck drinker meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Normally dark brown/black

PS. Was anyone watchin the TV3 news? Mate just rang me to say they did a news thingy on 'Buckfast being the reason for anti social behaviour in Galway' ... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Don't drink it dude, green buckie belongs in a museum or a NASA lab or something.

cornbb wrote:
    Don't drink it dude, green buckie belongs in a museum or a NASA lab or something.

Does it mean im going to space? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

No you'll be floating down a river and you'll think ur in space :P

• Advertisement

fracture wrote:
    No you'll be floating down a river and you'll think ur in space :P

No decent rivers up here in Sligo, and the Corrib is too damn cold this time of year! (Trust me, went water-skiing last weekend, my nad's were inverted for at least 2 hours afterwards) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I've have never bought green bucky in Galway but i have bought it a few times in Dublin and up the North.Its definitely not as nice but still does the job.

As for the Bucky report on TV3 , what a farce.Some plonker wants to get a tax imposed on it because it is one of the main causes of anti-social behaviour.At least the monks had a proper reply , "the problem is not the drink but the drinker".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As for the Bucky report on TV3 , what a farce.Some plonker wants to get a tax imposed on it because it is one of the main causes of anti-social behaviour.At least the monks had a proper reply , "the problem is not the drink but the drinker".
    Yep,
    Apparently they are going to add another %30 tax onto it.
    The government did a similiar thing with alcopops a few years ago.

kippy wrote:
    Yep,
    Apparently they are going to add another %30 tax onto it.
    The government did a similiar thing with alcopops a few years ago.

Ah well, the price hike on ciggs never stopped smokers so im sure the same will be the same with bucky.Its more a tax on the poor student.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Ya, that bottle is simply bought from the North.

Few Differences:
    1. Obviously the colour
    2. Northern Version has 75cl instead of 70cl
    3. Different Viscosity, it's not as thick/syrupy as normal
    4. If I remember correctly the bottles are shaped differently as well.

Even though ya get more, I'd still be a fan of the regular Bottle of B. I dont like the Northern Version too much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

padi89 wrote:

That plonker is a councillor in Galway (Micheal Crowe i think). It's stupid really to say Buckfast is the problem. Ok the young people might buy it because it's cheap but really if they weren't drinkin Buckie they'd be drinkin something else. I don't think the tax on alcopops has decreased the amount of anti-social behaviour or underage drinking. They don't really drink it in Cork or Dublin or Waterford but I'm sure the anti-social behaviour is as bad if not worse than Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

funkin twat heard him on the radio yesterday.
    ****in Prick
    I'm gonna start drinkin it again & send my empty bottles to him in a parcel with no postage paid.
    I urge you all to do the same stupid KUNT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

And...apparently the plonker wants to ban it in Galway!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kevmy wrote:
    Ok the young people might buy it because it's cheap
    It's not cheap :confused:

Anyway, what a ridiculous suggestion about it being the cause...
    To the naggins young ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

i work in harvest, don't drink it though, the boss got a load of it cos its a bit cheaper than the other stuff,one of the lads said 'sure why don't ya get in a case or two' and he got in a hundred or so,supposedly (1)its more potent(2)its greeen of course(3)it tastes rank(4)the numbers on the bottle make a differance(the brown one it doesn't matter its just a bottle code)..................THE FIRST NIGHT WE GOT IN ATLEAST HALF OF PEOPLE WOULDN'T TAKE IT...SENT IT BACK THEY DID!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

After drinking some? You accepted?

I buy stuff off you, you probably ask me for ID, prick...
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

wouldn't be first time i was called a prick for asking i.d. i can tell ya that:D .....oh i'll be checking the i'd's from now on........TAR.ALDARION eh!

wouldn't be first time i was called a prick for asking i.d. i can tell ya that:D .....oh i'll be checking the i'd's from now on........TAR.ALDARION eh!

Next time i'm in there, if I get asked for ID, ill show it polietly, take my drink and on my way out 'accidently' knock half the fcuking shelves down :D

I showed my passport last time, he asked did i want a bag as I was putting my drinks in my bag. I stared at him for 10 seconds and he asked again. I bet that was you Faceman!
    I'll be sure to use my passport that doesn't say Tar.Aldarion next time and do what JohnCleary says to get him blamed.
    Don't read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

green bottles are the UK version and the differences apart from the bottle colour are UK version is 15% rather than 14.8 and contains Vanillin.

• Advertisement

The green bottle tastes like sh1te... didn't stop me drinking the last bit today though :D

It's not cheap :confused:

Buckie is cheap. A bottle for E8.65. You wouldn't get two pints for that and you get a way better buzz of the B than two manky pints.:D

kevmy wrote:
    Buckie is cheap. A bottle for E8.65. You wouldn't get two pints for that and you get a way better buzz of the B than two manky pints.:D

I'm a little young for this but... does anyone remember the Buckfast nights in the GPO? Used to get a glass of buckfast for £1... aparantly it didnt last too long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is Friday night Buckfast night ?

Any time I'm in Super Valu in Oranmore on Friday nights there always seems to be a couple of lads buying Buckfast and cigs.....then comes the ID ritual......once passed OK, lad tries to get 2nd bottle only to be refused..........Is there no Off Licence in Oranmore..........Hurry up lads I'm trying to get food

Seven Worlds will Collide

JohnCleary wrote:
    I'm a little young for this but... does anyone remember the Buckfast nights in the GPO? Used to get a glass of buckfast for £1... aparantly it didnt last too long :D

I remeber it alright but it wasnt a glass more a shot so it was a waste of money.They used to do it when the round bar was in the centre with the cinema seats all around , like kno knos.

kevmy wrote:
    You don't buy pints in an offy, you get cans and spirits, so I wouldn't really call that cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Bloody €9.99 down in Limerick for a Bottle.

You don't buy pints in an offy, you get cans and spirits, so I wouldn't really call that cheap...

Ok thtas true but you'd still only get 4 cans (of decent stuff not talking Dutch Gold here) for that in an offy and I'd still prefer my Bucky to them. Also it's much easier to carry around one bottle of Bee instead of a six pack.

I prefer to have both, you know, just to be safe.

• Advertisement

So im reading through the city tribune and i come across another,like last weeks Buckfast "ban it i tell ye" piece of riff raff.It seems some member of the Western Regional Authority now wants to call a ban on Red Bull.Here goes the heading
    Call for ban on drink that makes "youngsters go off their head".
    The member calling for the ban is quoted "they think they are in an aeroplane after just one Red Bull and Vodka and then they get into a car to drive"
    Another one "That Red Bull should be taken off the market altogether and nobody is talking about.It is driving youngsters off their head, especially when they mix it with vodka"

So ban Red Bull and what about the Vodka mate???????Not going to happen because they wouldnt stand a chance against the big boys and theres too much money involved.Sorry to drag off topic but thought it was fitting.
    Its a good job some of these "****ehawkers" dont know about mixing Red Bull and Bucky.

Advertisement