Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Dya think bout a Linux Expo Dublin 2007

• 20-11-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Do you think it might be possoble to start a Linux Expo in Ireland. Raise some cash and market UNIX because the public need to be informed consumers:rolleyes: and be allowed to make a choice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

ILUG generally have a stand at the ICT Expos in the RDS.

While it would be nice, I don't think there's enough commercial interest to support a Linux Expo.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

its hard enough to get a meet together of / people nevermind the general public!

Couldnt see there being much interest really. An open-source expo with relevant projects attending maybe.
    UNIX because the public need to be informed consumers

Thats an ironic statement, you suggest to inform consumers and then confuse Linux with UNIX :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 thejetset

Sorry. Let me change that GNU / opensource rather than be bound by micro$oft. and i understand the differences between Linux & UNIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Unless you are using a very misguided definition of the word Expo then I don't think it's remotely close to realistic. Individual developer conferences or well planned seminars with talks from good speakers would work fine given sufficient organisation but beyond that it would be an extreme stretch involving multiple people giving up their lives to it between now and then, and that's only if you could get money and participation from what are mostly non-indigeneous groups who would probably rather have the event elsewhere.

Also, even if it were realistic to have a Linux Expo of some sort in Ireland the level of organisation required to do it properly would push the timeline well past 2007.

Advertisement