Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cut down on esb costs

Options
  • 20-11-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

my house is heated completely by geothermal heat pump and i am interested is there any obvious investment i can make that would make a decent dent into my esb bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Do you have the night rate meter installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

yea, i mean i was thinking of solar/wind power etc or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I've been told be my electrician that a heatpump's electricity needs should not be suplimented by a wind turbine, it should be fed directly from the mains.

Instead of investing in a wind turbine at the moment, I'm trying to cut down on my daily electrical needs e.g. all low voltage/energy saver bulbs, switching lights off, using appliances e.g. dishwasher on night saver mode, and this does seem to be making a difference.

I'll start looking into a wind turbine then, if I feel the investment would be worthwhile.

Advertisement