Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tevion 8 in1 remote

• 20-11-2006 11:43pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saw this and was hoping would allow me to replace some of my remotes.
    9837531874550a6d3e0d3e.jpg

Clicky

The main problem I think I'll have is with the contents buttons on my dvd hdd recorder (targa one). Anyone use one of these / similar. Worth a tenner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

looks good for a tenner
    all depends on how well the learning function works I guess, but this should allow you to program any button from another ir remote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

buy it, try it, if it does not now suit return for refund within 16 ( I think ) days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

MarkR wrote:
    The main problem I think I'll have is with the contents buttons on my dvd hdd recorder (targa one). Anyone use one of these / similar. Worth a tenner?

I have been using a Marantz one for the past 6-7 years. Excellent piece of kit. Cost a lot more than €10 too, so yes, it is worth it at a tenner.

It seems to be a learning remote, so you can assign the functions of whatever source remote to that new one. Can't see why it wouldnt work wit your dvdhdd remote.

Of course, you may lose some functionality - ie there may be more buttons on the source remote than the new one, but you probably rarely if ever use them. Or, you could spread them across more of the 8 devices.

L.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

will this work with the xbox 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Im interested in one of these too -just wish the actual buttons lit up aswell as I like to watch films in the dark.

€10 is a genuine bargain though and it should be worth the risk of it not working properly on everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

kearnsr wrote:
    will this work with the xbox 360?

I don't see why not, if the 360 remote is a standard IR one and you have a donor one to learn from.

Of course, it would not be beyond all realms of possibility that M$ do something to the codes to make them proprietry to their remote control.

L.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just like to point out a resounding success with the remote. Have been able to control fully my
    • Panasonic Sky Box (all functions)
    • Sony Television
    • Ronin DVD Player
    • Targa DVD HDD Recorder
    The targa took a lot of manual programming for me, which is a little annoying as you can't just add a few keys then add some more later. Starts again everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I got two of them earlier today

Seems to work okay, lot's of preset codes of course

Doesn't seem to work with my infocus projector though, and seemed to get a bit unstable after adding too many custom buttons, but for a tenner still great

Advertisement