Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Goliath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

As far as i can recall, i revived an old thread when i first started to post. I read the topics as i scrolled down to the end of the forum page, then saw that there were more pages and went to page 2 and page3 etc.
    Now i cant remember which forum it was (it wasnt AH) but when i came to a topic i was interested in i posted my own thoughts on the subject and it was bumped to page 1.
    My mistake was that i was so intent on making a comment on the subject that i never looked at the date of the last post, a mistake i have seen other noobs like myself make after they first register as well.
    Maybe the words "Check the date of last post before posting" in big bold letters in the relevent sticky might help, stating that if they then still wish to post they may do so.
    I must also admit that i didnt know what a sticky was for about a week or two. I thought they were just normal threads at first. If, instead, the words were something like "important" or "forum rules" were used for the ones that newbies should read, i may very well have read them straight away. It was only after i read Mods telling users to read the stickys that i became aware of their importance.

Then again, maybe im just a bit thick.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DeVore wrote:
    Now to be clear R3nu4l, the reason why...

DeVore implied (jokingly, with a dash of truth ), it's unusual for Feedback replies to contain anything more than a 'get lost you spanner' type of response.

is because quite a large number of the OP's here deserve nothing more then "get lost you spanner" replies.

This is one OP who gave some feedback in a non-derogatory, overbearing, know-it-all way and got responses that befitted that approach.

People who come here and say "the mods are all bastards" cannot then cry foul and take to their beds with vapours if the mods jump in with both feet.

DeV.
    Cheers DeV, I knew that and thought my post more or less said that by highlighting the good actions of the OP in this case as opposed to the usual 'whining' and mod attacks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

thrill wrote:
    My mistake was that i was so intent on making a comment on the subject that i never looked at the date of the last post, a mistake i have seen other noobs like myself make after they first register as well.
    The search generally pops up threads like this, then people register and reply without any concept of what "last post date" is, or why it really matters. It's not a big deal, or a big problem. I did it before on a support forum, and dragged up an 8 month old topic. It's easy to do by accident :)
    Maybe the words "Check the date of last post before posting" in big bold letters in the relevent sticky might help, stating that if they then still wish to post they may do so.
    It's a good idea, but I don't think it's really necessary because as I say above it's not that common and...
    I must also admit that i didnt know what a sticky was for about a week or two.
    It would also only add more clutter to the tops of forums. :)

Advertisement