Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating exams question

Options
  • 21-11-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

if i fail a module in this semester can I sit the exams for the module again at the end of the the next semester?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yes, in August I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not necessarily, it depends on what year you're in.

As far as I know the new policy is that you carry the subject up to a maximum of 10 credits onto the next year - however i think (and i'm on this I'm not sure, talk to your programme office) that if the same course is offered in teh second semester you can sit it at summer.

If you fail more than 10 credits you must repeat the year.

That applies to 1st and 2nd Years.

If you're in 3rd Year or above all the course coordinators are in discussions and will let you know following consulatation.

This is the situation as far as I am aware.

EDIT: That's all probably as clear as muddy water but tbh your programme office is probably your best bet, in saying that I went to my year head about our situation as we've no summer exams so technically if we needed repeats we could do them in the summer period and he told me they had no idea what they were doing, i.e if they'd offer repeats to third years or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Fu©k, thought you could repeat them all with the semester 2 ones, but it makes sense

i need to start studying for my politics module:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Whether the subject is offered next semester has no bearing on whether you can repeat it in may.

The majority of august repeats are being abolished.

Chances are you can repeat in mat but confirm it with programme office.

If you then fail the repeats, thats when the 10 credit thing comes into effect.

But, always confirm anecdotel advise. Different schools have different rules. Things are still a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Kaptain R is pretty much bang on.

If you're modularised there are no Autumn repeats, there are only Winter and Summer exams. You can resit the module at the next exam period, which would be Summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement