Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need parking info, near the point

Options
  • 21-11-2006 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I need to park near the point on wednesday night, any info on places to park, prices, safety of car etc would be great!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Here's what Ticketmaster have to say:
    Car Parking Information

As part of the exciting upgrade and expansion plans for The Point, there has recently commenced construction of a new three storey underground car park. This will double the total number of parking spaces available when it opens next year.

While this upgrade is being constructed, there will be fewer car parking spaces attached to the venue and consequently the Venue Car Park will be full earlier than normal on the evening of a concert.

So, special arrangements have been put in place with public car parks near The Point. These carparks will remain open during our concerts and shows and offer a fixed rate price to customers.

These Carparks are located within the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at Jury's Hotel (€3 for Concert parking) and Connolly Station (€2.50 for Concert Parking) and are situated at opposite ends of Commons Street.

We advise all customers using the North Wall Quay to use Jury's and Connolly Station Carpark's.

We have also put in place, in association with Eirebus a return shuttle bus service (Point Link) (€2 exact change necessary) picking up for those customers using these Car Parks, at the junction of Commons St and Mayor St.

To get to this bus stop from the Jury's Hotel Car Park leave the car park onto Commons Street and turn left. Approximately 50 yards down that road is the junction and the stop. From Connolly Car Park walk back out the entrance and straight along Commons Street to the junction which is approx 100yds away.

Brightly coloured directional signs featuring the Point logo on the main routes to the venue will assist customers to identify the car parks with most available capacity. Please also follow the instructions of Gardai on duty in the area.

Car park spaces remain in place at The Point for customers with disabilities or special needs.

The Point would like to inform its patron's that due to the increased number of people seeking parking in the area there has been a significant rise in the number of building yards etc being operated as "carparks" in the area. The Point would like to inform patrons that these "carparks" are not official overflow Point "carparks" as being advertised by operators. To the best of our knowledge these "carparks" are being operated without public liability insurance and have no connection with the Point what so ever, these "carparks" are charging people €10.00 to park a car whereas the official Point "carpark" located at the venue charges €6.00 per car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And again, check the dub forum for this stuff...
    You ever saw a parking/directions question about Cork in AH?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

my advice is to park on the quays and take the ten or 15 minute walk down to the point,, its a lot safer, and you have a nightmare getting your car out after a concert, if its even there when your finished

ps, there we go again. no offence Biko, but he is only lookling for advice,, simple thing would be to give it to him, not be snoooty about where his post is. again, im not being smart, but if people have nothing constructive to say...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Package wrote:
    my advice is to park on the quays and take the ten or 15 minute walk down to the point,, its a lot safer, and you have a nightmare getting your car out after a concert, if its even there when your finished

Agree, park on the quays across from the Clarion IFSC and walk down. Safe as houses here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

biko wrote:
    And again, check the dub forum for this stuff...
    You ever saw a parking/directions question about Cork in AH?

The answer may be here OP, and biko is right, Dublin forum ftw :)

I'm sure biko reported this but never said but just in case...reported :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Package wrote:
    ps, there we go again. no offence Biko, but he is only lookling for advice,, simple thing would be to give it to him, not be snoooty about where his post is. again, im not being smart, but if people have nothing constructive to say...................................
    No problem, any Dub AH poster that has maybe a couple hundred posts I don't say anything. There is a lot of forums here and new posters may not know there is a specific Dub forum, for Dub specific queries. OP has well over a thousand posts and the issue is not at all urgent so hence my posting *

Good luck with parking in Dublin. Should you need to park in Limerick, Belfast or Kilkenny - please use specific forums and not AH.

* Join the crusade against Dub threads in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

biko wrote:
    * Join the crusade against Dub threads in AH

I'm a Dub myself so naturally I can't support this Galwegian attempt to stage a coup...and I of course believe that boards.ie is really boards.dub** :D...despite the fact that Cloud is Galway based :D

Down with your geoism. I would join your quest if it was a crusade against anyandallnonrelevanttoafterhoursthreads in AH! :D

**should be taken as a joke, no county bashing allowed, we're all in this boards.ie thing together comrades :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AAAAA Haych.

Advertisement