Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing market

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AC1

some guy on the six one news earlier predicting that when the market does correct, prices could come down by 30 percent or at worse 50 percent::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

AC1 wrote:
    some guy on the six one news earlier predicting that when the market does correct, prices could come down by 30 percent or at worse 50 percent::eek:

you didnt happen to catch the economists name by any chance?

the general consensus amongst most bear economists is a fall of around that figure which would bring us roughly back to 2000-2001 prices which was when the market was last "in touch" with fundamentals , going by bubbles past when prices drop they usually tend to overshoot their fundamental worth before coming back to a realistic level over about a 1-2 year period

again you only have to look at the US property bubble and japan and they have had falls of similiar levels so this prediction is WELL WITHIN the bounds of possibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The more I read, the more I see, the more I think
    The more I believe we will have a crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

miju wrote:
    you didnt happen to catch the economists name by any chance?

He was an economics lecturer from NUIG called Alan Ahearne. The report can be seen from about minute 28 of this link (although I guess it'll only work for about the next 24 hours until they update with tomorrows 6-one):
    http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/6news.smil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TYLERR

The soft landing was here already in the beginning of 2006 for all of u who did not see it. Prices are here to stay steady with modest growth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

so 18% growth over a year is a soft landing?????? :):):)

anyways , if your going to engage in the debate at least put up some kind of rationale for your reasoning otherwise your "soundbite" post is meaningless

actually could one of the mods mup check a couple of these new accounts that have popped up with 1 or 2 posts to their name???

Advertisement