Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone system advice

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been tasked with arranging a phone system for a new office, I've never done it before so all advice appreciated.

Basically, it's initially going to be a small office with 2-3 people. The current plan is to have one analogue line for ADSL and fax. Also have an ISDN connection with 2 lines to service the phone system which will have 3-4 phones.

Eircom are recommending one of either two packages, the Eircom Advantage 4800 at a price of 2695+VAT, or else the eircom Broadlink 3200 at 1650+VAT.

Are these costs a tad exorbitant for what we need? Are there any other providers that you could recommend?

Thanks in advance for any replies! If there are any questions please ask and I'll try to clarify as much as I can.

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I recently saw a very nice pabx unit out at woods communications in ballymount, I think it was in and around the 600 euro mark and had all the bell and whistles you could want.
    That was about 6 weeeks ago but it might be worth a look, unfortunatley I don't remember the manufacturer name but it seemed very decent for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I still have this piece of kit available, trying to get rid of it:
    http://adverts.ie/6296

It will easily cater for your requirements if your interested, but it might be slightly too low spec for you as it has a max of 4 users.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Says it's sold. How much did you get for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

nope, not sold, I pulled it a while ago as there isn't much interest in phone systems on adverts.ie!

I've been meaning to stick it up on ebay.
    I'm looking for about 50 quid for it. You can buy them new for 149 at http://www.marxcomputers.ie/.

I have to say for a small office it beats the pants off shelling out €600+ for a phone system and it can use ordinary phones which is a big saving also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

An eircom Interlink 2+8 will let you share the 2 lines of your ISDN with up to 8 extensions. It's a basic PABX, but it does provide standard features (free internal calls, hold, internal call routing, ring groups, day/night mode), but lacks some desirables like Caller ID (might be in later 2+8 models, it was touted as being "on the way", but I don't know if it ever did make it), Music On Hold, and voicemail / auto attendant stuff. It's orders of magnitude cheaper than those eircom systems quotes, but it has nowhere near the fetureset.. so if you want cheap, then it's something to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Is that Interlink 2+8 product still available? I can't find anything about it on their site.

I actually have the Interlink 1+4 system in my home for years but it's really not up to scratch for an office scenario. Maybe they've improved it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It was in some 3G stores last summer anyway. The 2+8 has the same features as the 1+4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dylan Murphy

does any one kkow where I can get the interlink 8+2?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Hi,

I'd recommend you go for an Asterisk Appliance for this setup.

Cheaper and a lot more flexible than the Interlink unit. Basic model supports 8 pstn lines, 32 extensions / concurrent calls. Fully managed via Web front end.

You can choose from over 50 types of handsets.

Drop VoipSupply.ie an email for more info.

Thanks, Joe

Advertisement