Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Riverbank - Law Question

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Recently with the construction boom and all the rest... more and more houses are being built speciallly on or very close to the riverbank. These are usually outsiders (not locals) seem to think its fine to Barbed wire there plot right down to the riverbank perventing acess to anglers amd walkers.

Is the riverbank a public path or is that just a myth in my area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Thinks thats a myth. if the house owner owns the land running onto the river then its their land, they can do whatever they want with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i dont think thats true.

I think on all river banks public right of way is permitted.

Its getting to the bank that may be the trouble though - tom foxe's inny bay for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

If a club or an individual owns the rights to fish for salmon on a particular stretch of river then the landowner has no right to impede them in any way as they go about their lawful business.

Best place for advice would be the Central Fisheries Board

http://www.cfb.ie/

Murt

Advertisement