Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tsstcorp ts-l532m and lag when playing DVDs

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I've a HP dv1365ea laptop which has a (Toshiba?) tsstcorp ts-l532m lightscribe dvd+-rw/cd-rw drive in it.

When I play DVDs on it there is an annoying lag that happens every 15 minutes or so... really ruins the watching experience.

Does anyone know how to solve this? (I've tried looking for firmware upgrades with no luck).

Regards,

Thirdfox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

this should be moved to comp/tech, you'll get better response there.

Your problem is more than likely caused by another program running in the background. I used to get this problem with dvds when I had a defragmentation program running. Shut down all non-essential programs and windows, which includes all the icons on the taskbar. Also if this doesn't help, ctrlaltdel into task manager/processes, sort them by mem usage and shutdown the non-essential exe's that you recognise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Thanks, since I wasn't sure I had posted a thread there too...

It could be listed under tweaking my system I suppose :)

Advertisement