Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost ID

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

hey, lost both my college ID and garda ID on campus yesterday, just so if anyone comes accross ID cards floatin around drop me a line please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Nope haven't seen them floating around.

I wouldn't wait to find them just get a new one in the Admin builidng.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Yeah I went to The SU and they said the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

And remember what I told ya, dont pay for a new one (tall chap next to barry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Do ask in admin - found student cards that are handed in always make there way back there after a few days. They're normally nice enough to check whether or not it's there before making you pay for a new one.

I asked at the info desk in Science thinking since my card says first science it might have got there but I'll head up to Admin tomo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

i lost my wallet twice and its sooooo annoying because there are about a MILLION lost and found desks per building and in each one they make you fill out a sheet and they put it into a folder that is CLEARLY never opened again.theres a box on the sheet where the owner signs to say that they came back to collect the lost item and i had a look back and not ONE person had reclaimed anything

stupid folders

ANYWAY back to your problem sorry,if you go to any garda station and tell them your card(/wallet) was stolen they write you a lovely note saying that you reported it stolen that entitles you to a free new student card :D (although my garda wasnt quite "with it" and wrote on my letter that i lost my student which kinda defeats the purpose of the letter..but it didnt matter....)

god that was a very long way of saying a simple thing-sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I had stolen my wallet + student card a year ago, and UCD rang me two weeks ago to say they had it (minus the money). Apparently it had been in the arts desk for months...I checked on the first few days but gave up after a while. But they do get handed in so check and give them your number, they might call you....next year

yay...well it wasn't my whole wallet but they definately didn't walk away themselves alright, I've been trying to track down the campus garda dealie but apparently he's only in certain buildings on certain days at certain times...anyone able to clarify that by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Did you ever find them?

nope, and not only did they "change the rules regarding the no charge situatioin on the requesting of a new Garda ID" but I wasn't given a slip to say my stuff was stolen, the gard just wrote a note in with my form for a new garda ID and said nothin bout my college ID even though I said it to him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Was it ever free to get a new age card? it said on my application when i got my first one (three years ago) that you'd have to pay for a new one.my age card got stolen one night and i had huge trouble trying to get the garda to let me replace it even though I knew this would be a problem so I took my mum with me and it still was nigh on impossible (my local gards appear rather untrustworthy).

Yeah it siad on the net that it was free for a replacement anyway...
    A friend of mine, in first year here, was in hospital last week and her wallet and phone were stolen, it took her mother to go complian and get the stuff done cuz no one would believe her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I didn't know they equipped Student Cards with floatation devices. Handy!

Advertisement