Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascia, Gutters etc

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a reputable company who deal in the replacement of Fascia, Soffit and Gutters. I live in Dublin 16 so I suppose someone who is based in Dublin would be preferable. Also any indicators of price? Its a typical 3 bedroom mid-terrace house.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Unfortunately there’s no one I could recommend, but did have some dealings with this recently. See below:-

My mothers house is an end of terrace house, in D7, and she got the facia/soffit and gutter replaced ( cause all the neighbours were getting it done ), in total it came to €1,100 ( the total length of the run was about 65/70ft ) which I felt was very expensive… The same guy quoted a friend of mine from work, who lives up the road in D15, for exactly the same job, on a smaller house, and the quote came to €1,600!!!

I worked out, based on some pricing information I had that the cost of the facia/soffit and gutter materials that went into my mothers house was about €3/foot, or €210 in total. These guys must be cleaning up, I guess if people are willing to pay, they will charge what they like!

I was talking to a guy up north, who used to do this type of work, and he was saying the max anyone is charging there today is about £6 ( €9 ) a foot, all in, including VAT, that would mean that the 70ft on the house above should have been about €600!!! That’s some difference.

Before anyone says, well you have to pay more in Dublin ect… all this guys workers were polish, and he treated them like crap, working out in the lashing rain. I would seriously doubt they were on the books… I ended up even supplying a dressing to one of the guys who cut himself, as I felt sorry for him and he was bleeding quite bad....

Back to your origial question, these guys were charging €700 for a mid terace house... that's aprox 24ft across the front and 24ft across the back of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Does anyone know of a reputable company who deal in the replacement of Fascia, Soffit and Gutters. I live in Dublin 16 so I suppose someone who is based in Dublin would be preferable. Also any indicators of price? Its a typical 3 bedroom mid-terrace house.

Thanks
    Im in the same area with the same needs, would appreciate it if you update this thread with what you find...
    Thanks!

Advertisement