Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've got to get a pc for my girlfriends folks. Now, they're not very demanding users. Basic web, skype, a bit of office and a bit of photoshop. They also need a decent sized hard drive.

But I've a problem. I can't buy a 500 quid celeron. I just can't. I think I'm upselling despite myself here. Trying to ensure a level of future proofing needlessly. So can someone give me feedback on these two Ankermann choices? Are they too much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The P4 dual core should do the job the Core 2 is rather overkill for the tasks you describe.

Why not go with an AMD Sempron 3500+ as cheap as a Celeron but much better in performance though the dual core in the P4 is handy to have with apps like Photoshop. I'd say you would probably only make savings of about €100 or so with the Sempron as the CPU.

Advertisement