Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Tunnel

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I live quite near the Northern end of the port Tunnel & It's almost finished.
    Everytime I go by it I'm tempted to cycle down it & see how far i get.
    Anybody tried it & survived/ not been arrested ?
    Anybody up for having a go before it opens to the trucks ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I doubt you'd be arrested, most likely told to get the hell out etc,

While it would be braking the law I'd imagine, I'd say it would be nice to cycle down it before the trucks take it over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You could do the port tunnel run.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kingsize wrote:
    before it opens to the trucks ?
    Cabaal wrote:
    before the trucks take it over
    :confused: It's open to all appropriate motorised vehicles - not just to trucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

we could organise a mass ride on December 22nd in honour of Global Orgasm day... (www.globalorgasm.org) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

:confused: It's open to all appropriate motorised vehicles - not just to trucks.

If you can afford the toll charges

Cars & light commercial vehicles Southbound Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to10 a.m. €12

Cars & light commercial vehicles Northbound Monday to Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. €12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It's part of the M50 so won't be an option for bikes though.

Advertisement