Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speaker configuration

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

I have two sets of component, sub (enclosure), and a 2x pre-out HU.
    The preout is Front & Rear/Sub..

It just occur to me.. when I had time to tweak around yesterday..
    The rear pre-out is connected to the sub..
    And the Front preout is connected to the front speaker..
    That means that the rear component is running off the HU..

What will happen to the rear if I turn it up??
    Does that mean it'll distort because the HU is not sufficiently amped for the component [Component nominal watt is 60W and the Hu spec is 52W and that 52W is at max, not nominal]??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

lau1247 wrote:
    I have two sets of component, sub (enclosure), and a 2x pre-out HU.
    The preout is Front & Rear/Sub..

It just occur to me.. when I had time to tweak around yesterday..
    The rear pre-out is connected to the sub..
    And the Front preout is connected to the front speaker..
    That means that the rear component is running off the HU..

What will happen to the rear if I turn it up??
    Does that mean it'll distort because the HU is not sufficiently amped for the component [Component nominal watt is 60W and the Hu spec is 52W and that 52W is at max, not nominal]??

Do you have a seperate amp for the componenents?If not then they wouldnt be connected to your pre outs but the headunits wiring.

And yes they will distort sooner running from the Hu wihich is about 15wrms compared to 60rms that your speakers are rated at

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What rating is the front amp - is it well above the rear ouput from the HU? If so you might consider getting a similar powered amp for the rears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

eireal wrote:
    Do you have a seperate amp for the componenents?If not then they wouldnt be connected to your pre outs but the headunits wiring.

And yes they will distort sooner running from the Hu wihich is about 15wrms compared to 60rms that your speakers are rated at

Yes I have a pioneer GM-6200F 4 channel bridgable amp that is capable for the two sets of pioneer TS-E176C's..
    The sub is self amped built in (Also a pioneer model)..

The thing is I'm not entirely sure how the shop fitted the parts..
    When I try to test out each speaker as in Front/Left, Front/Right, Rear/Left and Rear/Right it only occur to me that the front is controllable in terms of left/right..
    The rear is non controllable..

I'm just a little unsure about the preout thing..
    My current theory is if the front is connected to the front and rear is connected to the sub..
    What's the rear running off from??

On a side question, is it possible to connect the front preout to the amp as usual for the front component, then use the same signal from the front preout (some form of extension) to act as source signal to the amp for the rear component?

If that's possible then, it's likely that my rear is not running off the HU..
    And possibly why I couldn't control it left/right when it comes to rear??
    What do you think??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ok,easiest way of finding out if they connect all your components off the amp is take a look at the speaker wiring on it.

There should be 8 wires in total ie all the terminals connected,if not there the rears would be running off the HU.

What id say has happened is the fitted a Y splitter lead either behind the Hu or onto the amp,by doing so you would be unable to switch between front and back on the speakers fade setting (as there using the front output for both sets of speakers and the sub is on the rear)

Advertisement