Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which wheels for an E39

Options
  • 21-11-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Bought a '99 520i a couple of weeks back and have just sold my E36 so its time to get all the bits and bobs for the E39! First up will be the wheels, and have narrowed my choice down to the 18 inch M-Parallel wheel. I have found two different sets of wheels on E-bay for what I would consider to be very good value, but it is within this choice I seek your valued opinion! The first set is 4 8.5 x 18's and is the less expensive of the two 4 8.5 x 18's, and the second set has 2 8 x 18's for the front and 2 9.5 x 18's for the rear 2 8 x 18 2 9.5 x 18. The second set also looks to be a slighlty better wheel with thicker spokes and the M-Badge similar to the 18" EvoII's I had on my E36. Is there that much of a difference visually between a 8.5 x 18 and a 9.5 x 18 or even between having deeper rears than the front as opposed to all wheels being identical? The difference is about €160. Any comments greatly appriciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have 9.5j AC Schnitzer Type III's on the front of mine (235/45/17), with 10.5j AC Schnitzer Type III's on the back (265/40/17). Can't really see a difference.

A friend has 17" m Parallels on his, and they're both different widths, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Had the 18 inch staggered setup on mine - couldn't notice a huge difference between the two wheels themselves, but they fill the rear arches nicely, and allow for a nice wide tyre on the back.

Theres is an obvious difference visually with the 19 inch staggered setup I have now though.

The parallels are an excellent choice by the way! The second set definitely look like a better quality rep to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Thanks for the replies lads, I'm going to order the second set now, they look as if they are worth the extra few cent! I think I'll use these guys for upgrade lights/ angel eyes/ M5 Bumper as they seem the best value on the web Exklusive-Design, has anyone any experience in dealing with these? Once its all complete I'll get some picture of my new pride and joy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Juan, I got the full set of front angels & rear celis from motormec in the UK plus the clear side repeators all shipped to my door. GSF sell them now but I don't think they did when I bought them 3yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I got my Angel and Helis lights in Otto last year. There's a pic of them on the new "picture of your car" thread.

Try Richie in AC Car Sales for prices too; 01-4531433 or www.accarsales.com. I've gotten a few bits and pieces from them at right money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement