Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia car kit?

• 21-11-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have to buy my da a car kit for xmas.
    He has a nokia 3330 and i dont think you can get a decent car kit for these type of phones so i'll have to get him a new phone too.

It really has to be a nokia and non flip aswell. My bro has a 6230i and it is a great little phone and very similiar in fucntion to what he has, with bluetooth car kit which is very easy to just click it into place.

I would like to get something similiar. Is anyone aware of a deal of getting a kit for this and fitting too? Is it still possible to buy this phone or has it been superceded by a new model?

thanks for any help

remember its for my da so it has to be reliable and easy to use with no fiddly bits.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah you can still get this phone and the car kit is the CK-7w. I have the exact same setup in my car.

I remember the carphone warehouse doing a deal on a 6230i with a car kit, but I think this was for new customers on vodafone.

You could have a browse through expansys.ie for car kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

thanks thats great man. they're €112 off expansys.

Whats the install like? im hoping to do it myself over xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I've installed one of these so it goes through the car radio.

Got the lead from a little shop somewhere - forget which one - just had to give details of the car make & model.

I think mine is an ISO 02 NOK lead, but it depends on your car....

Once the radio was pulled out of the dash it was pretty much plug & play - plus routing the microphone etc.

Advertisement