Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Get rid of troublesome laguna and buy 05 Opel Astra ?

• 21-11-2006 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying a 05 Opel Astra 1.4, Club, which is priced at €17,500, with 24,000 miles on the clock. The garage have offered me €7,500 for my own 02 laguna (80,000 miles).
    Would anyone here have anything good or bad to say about the astra ? Is it worth the money ?
    I was impressed on the test drive, very smooth through the gears, and handled well.

The laguna has been nothing but trouble since I bought it a year ago, and I just want to get rid of it, before it costs me any more (and it will). In fact its been difficult to get a garage to take it as a trade in - without letting them know the trouble I've had with it. I bought it for 10,500 a year ago and I did'nt expect to trade it in at €7,500 a year later.
    Should I accept the offer, get rid of it and take the astra or....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Astra is way overpriced. you can get 06 hire drives and demo club and Elegance models for the same price, granded Club is a higher model, but it's not worth going back to 05 for. Wait till Januray and 06 models will be able to be had for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bob

Cheers colm....I checked on carzone and it seemed an average enough price. There are some cars to be got for less than that allright, but there also seem to be plenty at that price or are more expensive. Like you say, I'll probably hold off until Jan, but I'm not sure if prices will really fall that much then - but at least there'll be more of a choice.
    Regarding the laguna, I was on my way home yesterday and the window got stuck. Turns out that the regulator is busted, so yet again I have to fork out money. Does anyone know how much to replace a window regulator ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Bob

Liffyvalley Opel have a 2005 1.4 Astra Design with 12k miles for 18000e.

Check out www.astra-sport.co.uk for further details on the Astra.

I like my 1999 1.4 Mk4 Astra and have had no problems with it.

I would have no issues with buying an Astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lh

Bob, I have had 3 of these go on me.
    As far as I can remember its about 340 for each one for parts and labour from a Renault garage. The part hasn't been released yet so your only other option is to buy seconhand from a yard , but they are impossible to get as they are so popular !!
    my front two windows went which meant I had to cough up.
    the broken one on my rear window is now held up by a block of wood inside the door !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bob

Yeah, just got a quote of €360 to get it replaced. Did'nt think it would be that much.
    I'm really tempted to offload this car now and take the astra.
    Cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Just to let you know that if the electric window regulator goes, it is possible to get the motor reconditioned and the cables rewound. The regulator in the window motor in my 607 went recently, so I priced a new motor. Just about €500 just for the motor!! So I bought a new one from Peugeot up North for 250. Anyway, dropped it to garage to fit and he said I could have repaired old one. I'll know for next time.

Also, do you know if it's possible to buy warranties from Renault to help with the cost of potential problems like this?

Advertisement