Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build, in thailand. small budget, large range.

Options
  • 21-11-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

have an exact budget of
    405.286 EUR

im living in thailand, and have 19,000 baht. ( exactly 405.286 euro. )
    my girlfriend is buying me a computer for xmas and i cant spend a fortune.
    the thing is, there is A LOT of different models, brand names etc to choose from... i can get almost any thing i need...
    just not 100% what to get

im looking for something that i can upgrade in time, but at the same time do what i do...
    i play games, all half life genre's, unreal and a few strategy games and do a lot of internet stuff.

what i have in mind is...

intel pentium 4 2.6ghz
    intel 945p fsb 1066/800/533 dual ddr2 667/533 support naitve ddr2 800 2*pci express
    geforce 6600sli 256ddr2 tv/dvi 128 bit graphics
    LG gsa-h10l super multi write
    250gb/7200rpm maxtor
    kingston synnex 1gb/677 ddr-2 ram
    monitor's are cheap enough so im not pushed. about 3000 baht (63.99 euro) for a 17" acer crt.

any ideas on the specs?
    anything to change?

remember, im not looking for the best of anything right now, just as a computer i can use untill i can afford an upgrade in a few months.

i looked at a dual core, and its about another 70 or so euro for the an2 x2 3600+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah that looks okay does the motherboard support Core 2 CPU's if not I would consider getting one that does so you have a clear upgrade path (some 945P do support it through a bios update & some don't).

Also don't know if it's cheaper or not but the GeForce 7600GS is basically the same speed as the 6600GT, check the prices in case.

Advertisement