Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jag skulle vilja att lara sig svensk.

Options
  • 21-11-2006 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Hej,

I'm looking to learn swedish but have had no luck in finding any decent resources. I've got the byki freebie (hense the poor attempt in the title) but that’s really just a phrase card thing. So I was just wondering if any of you out there had any helpful advice. Be it links to good books, online courses, or actual classes (Limerick area).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

You were talking about yourself so "lära mig". Otherwise excellent!

Fork out for a book and CD, it was tapes back in my day, course.

This seems to be the updated version of the one I used.

Colloquial Series

They're a bit corny, but they work, and they're as good a start as any.

Listen to Swedish online radio. Even if you don't get the meaning, the melody and sounds are worth listening to for a while.

Read the online newspapers. Göteborg Posten

The online dictionary, is a bit basic but it works in the beginning. Lexikon

Finally, shag a Swede.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Annie Bananie

ush wrote:
    Finally, shag a Swede.

Im Swedish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Jag med

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Cheers for the links ush some good stuff there. Interesting last point, must try that :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

jag är också Svensk.

a few other useful Swedish links:

Travel with languages - Loecsen MediaLang (useful site for beginning with very basic phrases in a number of languages)

Google Nyheter Sverige (Google News in Swedish - main newspapers covered here)

LEXIN (very good Swedish - English dictionary)

Free Online English to Swedish Translator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm in Galway and could teach you a bit of Swedish, for merely a few measly beers.

Advertisement