Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James LaBrie - Elements Of Persuasion

• 21-11-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to nabbing this album, and I have to say it's very good indeed. Obviously it's not as technical or progressive as Dream Theater, or Liquid Tension Experiment, but there's some very good songs with plenty of good riffs on offer, more in the vein of DT's less indulgent pieces.

There's some great musicianship on offer too, what with the incredible Mike Mangini on drums, and whoever's playing guitar is quite excellent. Despite this being the solo album of a vocalist, it doesn't shy away from a good guitar solo, which is nice.

I haven't heard James LaBrie's Mullmuzzler albums, but this one is definetly cool, and worth checking out. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I just got into Dream Theater and am amazed by them (mainly by the Octavarium album). Is James' album worth a listen if I'm still a DT newbie? I've considered getting it but since it involves just his musical taste I was in doubt as to whether I'd like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I just got into Dream Theater and am amazed by them (mainly by the Octavarium album). Is James' album worth a listen if I'm still a DT newbie? I've considered getting it but since it involves just his musical taste I was in doubt as to whether I'd like it or not.

I'd say if you like DT, then you'll like Elements Or Persuasion, but I would suggest you get more DT first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I've been thinking bout gettin this for ages but never really bothered. I think someone told me it was a bit nu-metal, but I find that hard to believe. Still, I really should get this. Sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've been thinking bout gettin this for ages but never really bothered. I think someone told me it was a bit nu-metal, but I find that hard to believe. Still, I really should get this. Sometime.

Hmm, best thing to do is listen to some of the songs on his myspace page, and see what you think about it yourself.

Advertisement