Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning up off road cycle track in Fairview

Options
  • 21-11-2006 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

I've never had to cycle along the off road cycle track in Fairview, though I jog alongside it weekly.

When I passed by it this morning (I was jogging in the opposite direction to cyclists) I saw that is is covered in wet leaves, with a huge pile of leaves opposite the Bank of Ireland, near the Malahide Road junction.

I phoned the Collins Avenue Road Cleansing depot (836-9226) of Dublin City Council to ask them to sweep the leaves up. The guy said he'd pass it onto the supervisor. No harm in a few others making a similar phone call. If I can find an address on the brutal Dublin City Council website I'll follow up with a letter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I very nearly came off in Ranelagh, going at a fair speed through the junction with Elgin Road onto Sandford Road and the lane was just covered in them. _Really_ hairy experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I texted my 'guy' in Fingal County Council's road cleaning division to ask him to sweep the leaves and branches from the off road cycle track along the Navan Road. He'll sort it out today or tomorrow. Cool.

The email of praise to his supervisor has been a good investment.
    blorg wrote:
    I very nearly came off in Ranelagh,
    Make the call! DCC main switch is 672-2222. Check the phone book for depot numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

daymobrew wrote:
    I phoned the Collins Avenue Road Cleansing depot (836-9226) of Dublin City Council to ask them to sweep the leaves up. The guy said he'd pass it onto the supervisor. No harm in a few others making a similar phone call. If I can find an address on the brutal Dublin City Council website I'll follow up with a letter.

It's the same story every year.

I came off on that a few weeks ago, the surface is a slippy, gooey mess.

I tried to find the cleansing department contact details on their miserable web site and failed.

From past experience, I think you'll find that the city council is waiting until ALL leaves have fallen before they clean it up. The record is about 4 months.

BTW the cycle track there is not a legal one, so you use it entirely at your own risk.

daymobrew wrote:
    I texted my 'guy' in Fingal County Council's road cleaning division to ask him to sweep the leaves and branches from the off road cycle track along the Navan Road. He'll sort it out today or tomorrow. Cool.
    And he did it. It was nice and clear this morning.

daymobrew wrote:
    I've never had to cycle along the off road cycle track in Fairview, though I jog alongside it weekly.

When I passed by it this morning (I was jogging in the opposite direction to cyclists) I saw that is is covered in wet leaves, with a huge pile of leaves opposite the Bank of Ireland, near the Malahide Road junction.

The (illegal) cycle track was given a bit of a clean between the pedestrian bridge and Malahide Road.
    I rang the Collins Ave depot again to ask them to clean up the portion between Malahide Road and Westwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

agree just hope i dont have to jam on, although most the time i stay on the road, pedestrians dont realise its a cyle track and it switches lanes towards town which is crazy!!!

Advertisement