Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying HDTV from technikdirekt.de

• 21-11-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with buying a TV or other large appliances from http://www.technikdirekt.de ?

As far as I can tell you have to get a courier to collect the item rather than them sending it out with a courier.
    As much information as possible would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They use their own courier, and you pay €80.
    Our insured pick up service:
    We authorize DZR GmbH & Co. KG in your name with the pick up and delivery of your ordered goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

i've just bought a load of gear from these guys :eek: (50" plasma, Yamaha amp, Canton 5.1 surround speaker set and 2 extra Canton speakers. If ye're interested i'll keep ye posted on how the whole process unfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Cooee wrote:
    i've just bought a load of gear from these guys :eek: (50" plasma, Yamaha amp, Canton 5.1 surround speaker set and 2 extra Canton speakers. If ye're interested i'll keep ye posted on how the whole process unfolds.

let us know how you get on, thinking of buying a LCD from them, its only 22 euro for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm also in the lookout for another LCD tv/monitor so let us know how it all goes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm looking at some pretty good value 22" monitors on that site as well so would appreciate feedback also

• Advertisement

Pretty standard stuff........
    Eventually made my mind what TV in wanted (and that took we forever:( )

I mailed Technikdirekt quite a few times with questions about the TVs there. Always got an answer by the next day ar least. So thats was good.

During the ordering process I had a questions so I phoned up - person on the other end had flawless English and answered my questions.
    One of the questions was whether the shipping charge of €80 was enough to cover my order (50" plasma, 7 speakers, av receiver) - and it was.

Went thru the normal credit card ordering/payment process. Went fine.

With Technikdirekt if the order exceeds a certain value (not sure what that is) the ask you to either fax on send a scanned copy of your credit card (with numbers blocked out and your passport/drivers license).
    The day after they received this material they confirmed my order.

Now I did know before I ordered that the TV I was ordering was out of stock and they were waiting for supplies. They are expecting them next week....now I am under no illusions that this could drag out - but my own fault they had them in stock for weeks while I tried to make up my mind!

I hope to get this before Xmas but time will tell.........

I'll tell ye more when I know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Hey Cooee,

I'm looking at the Panasonic TH42PX60 for around 1600 (saving of 400)
    but when I try to order it keeps telling me my zip code is wrong.

I've tried N/A and my province etc but it won't accept.

How did you manage this ?

alxmorgan wrote:
    Hey Cooee,

I've tried N/A and my province etc but it won't accept.

How did you manage this ?

Used 00000 - and I think there's something up in their FAQ to tell RoI customers to do this!

Good Luck

Thanks....should've checked the FAQ :o

I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on when the stuff (hopefully) arrives

Was just onto the Panasonic store there and they quoted my 2000 for the TH42PV60.

Plus another 230 for the pedastel.

Robbing *&*&^&%^&^s !!

• Advertisement

All communication with Technikdirekt once the order has gone thru is by e-mail. But the e-mails are in German - so off to the intrawebbynetamajigthingy for me to get some German - English translation.

This is the translation:

Dear Mr. XYZ, according to order of XX.11.2006 the following article became to 30.11.2006 around 12:30 o'clock made ready for dispatch

So either the articles are now ready for dispatch - or they have been dispatched?

So I guess by this time next week I should :eek: (hopefully) have my stuff!

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Will he get his Stuff"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Watching and waiting with much interest..............:)

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

im thinking of buying one of these if i choose to get a playstation 3..and was just looknig at some of the prices there they seem way underpriced..am i looking at the right prices or what...for example..

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/lcd-tv-ab46/106316/-/Article.html?fillspace=1

is this actually 751 euro including vat and delivery charges..??

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah plus 80 quid delivery. thats not crazily underpriced. acer... i dunno bout their tvs, u get what u pay for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

well its probably not crazyly underpriced with 80euro added on..but it still is a 32 inch hd lcd..

was actually looking at getting this..if i were to go ahead and buy one..
    http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/lcd-tv-ab46/131229/-/Article.html?fillspace=1

when you say you get what you paid for..do you think there might be something bad with these cheaper models..like bluryness or not good picture quality overall..or like will it not support 720p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

im a bit of a snob when it comes to electronics, and would only go for panasonic or pioneer in tv. the cheaper ones are great value but are not as good as a panasonic or other top brand. that samsung one is getting great reviews at the moment and there are a lot of people on here that have it and seem to love it. i would see the difference in picture between a panasonic/pioneer tv and a cheap brand, maybe you mightn't. i would recommend the samsung way above the acer one though.

anyway... about quality, yes the cheaper ones won't be as good quality in picture and sound. thats what makes the difference between the cheap tv's and the expensive ones

moe

alxmorgan wrote:
    Hey Cooee,

Just to let you know, and it is slightly OT, that Dabs.com are doing the same TV model with cabinet stand and shipping for under €1900. Saving about €700.

For anybody following the process.......

Just got a call from the shipping company.....the shipment is in Ireland and they will be delivering tomorrow!

:D

So things getting there - now it just has to arrive, have everything I ordered and work when I plug it in....but so far so good..........:eek:

Excellent.....hopefully its a good luck story cause I'll be right on to order mine if it is.

Oh and don't forget to let us know if you get hit for excise duties or vat or something of the like.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Just to let you know, and it is slightly OT, that Dabs.com are doing the same TV model with cabinet stand and shipping for under €1900. Saving about €700.

did somebody say yesterday Dabs are not shipping LCD TVS to ireland?

• Advertisement

The boxes arrived. :D That's one thing to bear in mind - although bleedin' obvious also - you do need to have somebody at the delivery address to receive the goods, so may need to take the day off, have delivered to an address that has someone in most of the day.

I'll take a photo of the packaging before unwrapping later if anyone is curious. For the moment the shipment is downstairs still all wrapped up.....

Wasn't asked for any more money....although the docket I received says DELIVERED DUTY UNPAID. But I am fairly certain that because the package originated in the EU and I paid all taxes/VATs/Duties in Germany that under the terms of free movement of capital and goods within the EU,I am not liable for any other taxes.

Next installment will be the unwrapping and turning on to make sure everything works.:eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

finish your tea quick and let us know !!!!! :D:D

come on, come on (in best Homer voice :D )

....but 4 kids, oldest being 6 gets in the way.

I unwrapped hastily - so no pix :o - everything ordered arrived. Unwrapped, unboxed and unveiled the TV - 50" LG plasma. Looks nice. And no cracks, scratches etc...to the screen. I had a slight worry that coming from Germany by courier could be a bit dodgy for something like a plasma and all of that glass, but all looks fine.

The av receiver and speakers will be a weekend job :( -

TV is in position and ready for it's short term residence on a sideboard. Waiting for her indoors to help me lift it up! I don't wanna drop it this close to the finish :p . Wall mounting will be a post-Xmas job.

Once in position I shall then turn on. say a quick rosary and see what TV stations I can pick up!

And once that is complete ye can all order away to your hearts content! ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    glad all worked out for you.
    let us know how all is going and a few pics :D

I need some reassurance please :rolleyes:
    I want the Sammy Le37R72B at e1265 + e80 postage.

Is there any reason I should not buy from technik or this tv ?

I will ring them Wednesday and see about shipping times - ie before Xmas.

Any other advice to quiken purchase from them.

thx

TV-Empfangsnormen
    PAL B/G Ja
    SECAM L Ja
    SECAM B/G Ja
    SECAM D/K Ja
    NTSC-Wiedergabe (über AV) Ja

These are the TV broadcasts standards that the TVs on-board tuner supports. The TV broadcast standard used in Ireland is PAL-I, which is not listed.

So if you were connecting an analogue aerial straight into the TV it would have to support the PAL-I braodcast standard. Based on the standards list above I think (but you should confirm) that you will just get picture and no sound (it does support PAL B/G, so you will get video)

This is not a deal breaker - if you use a set top box from SKY/NTL/Chorus etc. - it will have a tuner that will handle PAL-I and then you just connect in to a SCART/Component socket and off you go - a non issue for you.

Or you could just run the aerial into a VCR/DVD Recorder/HDD Recorder - these will also have an Irish tuner and you again just connect the output as normal into the TV. You would (I think) have to use the remote control from that device to change channels.

I would call Technikdirekt and ask specifically if the scenario that you want is the aerial direct into the TV. I would also ask them about stock levels.

Good Luck!

OH and for those following my saga - TV in place, I was all ready to tune in the channels and sit back to watch Lost in glorious LargeVision (tm) :rolleyes: - went to plug in TV, feckin' German plug and no adapter. So out at lunch time for me to get an adapter and then hopefully home in time to tune in channels to watch Man U tonight!

tred wrote:
    did somebody say yesterday Dabs are not shipping LCD TVS to ireland?

Dunno about LCDs, but if they're shipping plasmas, I'd be amazed if they won't ship LCDs.

Annoying thing was I was at a funeral yesterday when UPS came to deliver mine. Sitting in all day today so I won't miss them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

did they charge irish vat? or german, which is a good deal less, i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭wba88

very interesting thread i must have a proper look around their site someday!

• Advertisement

paid all taxes in Germany at German rates (16% VAT there I think) - so that accounts for some of the proce differential!

Anyway to end the story.

Acquired adapter, plugged in, turned on, did auto-tune, picked up all channels (I'm on Chorus analogue cable) - so it seems to have had a happy ending...

Now off to avforums to find the settings for the "running in" period!

I think everything you need to know is in this thread - if not just PM me!

Advertisement