Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying HDTV from technikdirekt.de

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Can anyone who ordered from technik direct tell me how long the delivery took and how they organised the delivery ? Do they call you to sort out a time or do they just appear in the hope that you are about ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

anybody know where you stand if fault develops with tv if bought from Germany.

is the product covered by a pan-european warranty, I know some may be covered only by national warranty.

Do you have to return it to Germany (i.e. retailer) or local service? If have to return it, who pays for it...

This is my main reason for not buying from abroad at the mo.

Would probably but from UK / Germany otherwise as huge saving on all tv's (up to 40% on Irish prices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Smoggy - you must have been ahead of me in the queue. Mine just dispatched today - do you know who the carrier is ? Did yours arrive yet - is it with a german plug? And most importantly of all - how do you like the LE32R32 as im a bit worried it wont be too good for the money i spent on it ! (cheapskate that i am !!)

damoz - A company called www.dsv.com/ie who are based in Naas are doing the delivery. They have the TV in thier depot today and will deliver tomorrow before 12 they say. I will keep you up dated as the day goes along if you want. and yes it is a little too cheap, so we will see what happens when it arrives.

Thanks smoggy. All i have so far is a tracking number - but i cant find a way to track it - tried all the usual carriers plus the one u sent above. I sent Technik an email to provide the carrier details so will see what happens.

Hopefully they TV will arive in time to enjoy the cricket this weekend ! (jumps on the bandwagon)

Story so far :

TV arrived at 12, as the courier promised. Dragged it into the office and left it there all day ( wanted to open it up and start playing , but knew it would be a bad idea and that I would like like a 5 year old at xmas ).

Dragged the TV home, but it really didnt weight that much, was a little too large for the car. but thats another story.

At home, ripped it out of the box, installed the stand and stuck it up on the TV stand. All's good so far.

The first thing I did was to plug up NTL digital via the scart cable. Nothing happened so I swapped to AV2, still nothing. A little worried I plugged up my media center into DVI to HDMI socket on the TV and still nothing. Well I say nothing, the TV knew somethings were plugged into it as the AV menu had everything that a connection in white and the rest greyed out.

A little more worried now I plugged up the x360 into the component sockets and thank god the thing jumped to life and with a real vibrant picture to boot. The next on the list was the media center, but this time through the VGA cable. Initially I got unsupported display or some such error, but I rebooted into safe mode and swapped out to a resolution that the TV liked ( specified in the manual - was something like 1360 x 768 ).

Two things working and the scart left to sort. Now I can't see any reason for the scart not to be working, so at some point I will check all the sockets on the STB and the TV to make sure all is well there. But at the moment I'm happy to play X360 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Comgrats Smoggy. I'm looking to get one of the 26" Samsungs for my room. I will more than likely go through this site after some trusty info. from Boards!

thanks for the update. i will let you know how mine goes - its somewhere in transit from germany so will let you know its delivered, installed and hopefully working perfectly.

Also have the coaxial working , this is the one that I had my doubts about , so i'm fairly sure the scart sockets are just fine and it's something I'm doing.

• Advertisement

Sorry for all the questions - but did it come with a 3 pin plug or a german one. (Is it 2 rounds pins there?).

2 pin German kettle lead, easily swapped out for a Irish 3 pin kettle lead, I guess u could use the one they sent and install your own 3 pin, but its easier to buy a new one.

edit : Got scart working ( No idea what I was doing yesterday ).
    But a serious thing I have noticed on scart and composite from x360 is that when it shows alot of white the screen can flicker black. Very off putting.

Got the TV last week and have been watching sport non-stop all weekend! more than happy with the picture quality etc, but i have noticed the porblem you spotted too Smoggy.

I am only using the TV with Sky at the moment. During sports, when they "flash" up some stats, the screen goes black for a second and then i get the "Satellite AV2" indication on screen when the picture returns. I assume this is also due to the white "flash" shy uses before the stats come up. I was wondering if you found a way to prevent this happening. I have still to open the manual, so i will take a look at it tonight.

One other question to anyone with sky - i have a problem with the display on RTE1 and 2 only. They will not size to fit my screen (even when i tried all options - 16:9, 4:3, wide, zoom, super wide). Is this an issue with the feed from RTE and is there a solution. I do not have this problem on any of the other 700 channels !

Ok. I fixed the display size problem - just changed the Sky menu to 16:9 - dont know how i didnt think of that earlier !

BUT - the original problem is still there!! I notice that when there is alot of blue or green on the screen (such as the snooker) the signal is lost. I also noitice that it seems to depend of which camera RTE are using - i have watched several programs where the signal is lost completely when they switch to a certain camera angle. I have a black screen with the No signal message up but can still hear the sound.

This is very annoying problem - so if anyone has a Samsung LCD and knows how to fix it id appreciate your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Well, I just received my new plasma from Technikdirekt.de and I can report a faultless transaction - ordered 5 days ago on-line with credit card (got discount due to price-match offer), TV sent the following day, courier called me up yesterday to tell me he was about to deliver, wife was at home to recieve it (handy!), large box dropped into hallway in perfect nick, all intact.

So after saving around €300, the TV arrived quicker and cheaper than it would have done if I had sourced it in Dublin (I'm in Galway).

Happy camper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Good Boy

Hi starman glad you received your Plasma all in one piece.
    What model did you buy etc.

Regards

Good Boy

• Advertisement

Good Boy wrote:
    Hi starman glad you received your Plasma all in one piece.
    What model did you buy etc.

Regards

Good Boy

Panasonic TH-42 PV 71 F 42" plasma (similar to the PX70 UK/Irish model, no digital tuner but that's no good here anyhow) for €1299 - good display, better than LCD for Sky SD, also v. nice for upscaled DVD's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Good Boy

Thanks starman sounds good.
    Do you have cable and if so how do you rate picture?

Regards

Good Boy

I have Sky+ (SD) connected via a good quality scart cable and picture quality is excellent after about 20 hours (was a bit noisy to begin with).

i've the pv71. pic is good with NTL digital on standard (cheap) scart - can only get better when I get a decent scart.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Just posting to give TechnikDirekt my thumbs up too - 7 (working) days from order to my door, and it arrived without so much as a scuff on the box.

• Advertisement

I agree - no issues whatsoever with Technikdirekt. Still have an issue with Samsung screen flicker though as described above.

From reading the last few posts, just wondering aloud is a new SCART (good quality one) might fix my problem? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

ok, i just ordered a Panasonic TH-37 PV 71 from technikdirekt.de
    I was holding out for the 700E but two tv's went out in my house within a week of each other after 10 long years of noble service so i decided to buy now, upgrade later. How long of a wait am i looking for shipping? Ordered it at 5.30 today (Monday) so is there any chance ill have it by friday for the weekend? or am i looking at monday onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Anto.

ok, i just ordered a Panasonic TH-37 PV 71 from technikdirekt.de
    I was holding out for the 700E but two tv's went out in my house within a week of each other after 10 long years of noble service so i decided to buy now, upgrade later. How long of a wait am i looking for shipping? Ordered it at 5.30 today (Monday) so is there any chance ill have it by friday for the weekend? or am i looking at monday onwards?

Made attempts to purchase the same T.V. over the weekend - they e-mailed me back stating they do not deliver to Ireland.

they definitely did deliver as a few of us got one from there.

did you call them by phone or email them or just reading their website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yep I got a 42" Panny from them a few months back and no notice on their site to say they won't. Its a standard 80 Euros for delivery read about it here http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/page-drxi7c5v/page.html?fillspace=1&language=en&

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Anto.

Here is the email correspondence...

Dear Mr Graham,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we can not deliver this TV to Ireland since we only had
    problems with forwarding shippings.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

your TECHNIKdirekt-Team

Tel: 0049(0)931-9708800
    Fax: 0049(0)931-9708850
    E-Mail: info@technikdirekt.de

Ursprüngliche Nachricht
    Von: XXXX@IOL.IE [mailto:XXXX@IOL.IE]
    Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Oktober 2007 16:46
    An: TECHNIKdirekt.de
    Betreff: Re: AW: Contact form

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I would like to purchase the T.V. for €944 (€864 + €80).

What do you mean by "Please note though that we cannot arrange deliveries of
    large appliances to Ireland" -

Does this mean I am unable to purchase the item or will the item be
    delivered to Ireland and I will have to pick the item up myself from a depot
    ?

>Dear Mr. Graham,
    >
    >Thank you for your email.
    >
    >Unfortunately we can only offer you the item # 184548 for 864,- € +
    >80,- € transport costs. Please note though that we cannot arrange
    >deliveries of large appliances
    to
    >Ireland.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Your TECHNIKdirekt-Team
    >
    >---
    --
    >
    >Tel: 0049(0)931-9708800
    >Fax: 0049(0)931-9708850
    >E-Mail: info@technikdirekt.de
    >
    >
    >
    Ursprüngliche Nachricht
    >Von: XXXX@IOL.IE [mailto:XXXX@IOL.IE]
    >Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Oktober 2007 00:12
    >An: kontaktformular@technikdirekt.de
    >Betreff: Contact form
    >
    >
    >Customer-ID (customerid) : ?
    >First Name(firstname) : Anthony
    >Name(lastname) : Graham
    >Street(street) : ?
    >ZIP code(zipcode) : ?
    >City(city) : Dublin
    >Country(country) : Ireland
    >Telephone (telephone) : ?
    >Fax (fax) : ?
    >Your eMail address *(email) : XXXX@IOL.IE
    >Your message *(message) : Hi,
    >
    >I am e-mailing you as I wish to purchase an item which you have on your
    >website:
    >
    >http://shop.technikdirekt.de/en/a-lcd-plasma-tv+plasma-tv+184548/Panaso
    >nic
    +T
    >H-37+PV+7+F/S+94cm+silber
    >
    >http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/plasma-tv/184548/-/Ar
    >tic
    le
    >.html?&bigimg=1
    >
    >I wish to purchase the T.V. for ?815+ 'Pick-up' - who does it have a
    higher
    >price ? I assume I can purchase it for the LOWER price as youhave it
    >advertised on your website at this price ?

Advertisement