Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road markings at the Rugby Club Roundabout!

Options
  • 21-11-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

I know there's been other threads in relation to bad use of roundabouts, lane discipline, speeding etc. but I'd like to thank the genius who managed to get the road markings for the last roundabout at the Greystones Rugby Club end of the SAR dualer.

These markings, which are arrows, ie left turn arrow in left lane, and right turn arrow for right lane. Its all well and good having road markings but do people even notice them? Only this morning I saw a car in front of me doing the right turn in the left lane to head towards Greystones Village.

Anyway, the reason why I'm posting this thread is to get an idea of how to get Wicklow Co Co or Zapi Properties (whoever is in charge of the road) to introduce more markings at other roundabouts (especially at the Fairways/Seabourne and Superquinn/Wood/Court/Grove/Park/Crescent roundabout).

Fair play to the guy who got the arrows put on the roadabout but we need more!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Well one of the main benefits of having them is that, if there is an accident caused by a muppet who chooses the left lane for a right turn, there can be no doubt as to who to blame!

I noticed on the last couple of mornings a trend at the Charlesland roundabout for cars leaving Charlesland and going towards Greystones on the SAR to take the right hand lane and turn left also.

Advertisement