Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone efficient on Pro-tools needed for hire!

Options
  • 21-11-2006 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm looking for someone who is fairly efficient operating with Pro-tools and recording to work with a band in the south Dublin area. The band are looking to record a demo/EP in the new year but as yet have nothing at all recorded (for website purposes etc.) and are very keen to work with someone who is familiar with the process to help them get started.

They play a mixture of classic rock covers and their own material & are fully funded. They also have their own rehearsal space in the lead singer's home. They would be willing to pay up to 30-40euro per hour, and need someone available for sessions mostly on weekends, and the odd weekday evening.

If this sounds interesting or if you know of someone who may be interested let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I'd go for it for myself but the timing is difficult and I'm kind of a cubase person these days. What kind of recording gear do you have? What are the acoustics in the room like? What's the style and band line up? Are you looking for someone to gothrough all stages of the recording including the mix?

If you can't find anyone here let me know and I'll make a few calls, shouldn't be a problem finding someone good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 crownyface

I'll need to check up on the specific recording equipment, but as far as I know they have everything they need to lay tracks down as they briefly had someone organising equipment for this purpose. Funding is not a problem so they can get anything else that may be necessary.

The acoustics in the room are quite good, as they chose the space specifically for rehearsals. The band are a 5-piece in their 20's/30's (and 40's!); (lead guitar, guitar, bass, drums & lead vox) and they play a variety of rock covers (Led Zepplin, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, The Doors etc.) as well as their own material in a similar vein.

At this stage they don't have anything recorded at all so they are pretty much starting from scratch, so I imagine tracks will need to be mixed etc. as well.

Thanks for response frobisher,
    any help you (or anyone else!) could offer would be much appreciated!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I cant believe this hasnt been jumped on.

Under diffferent circumstances I would have jumped on this. Best of luck with the recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

Hi, I'd be very interested in this.

I'l send you a PM with my details/experience etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 studio_one

I'm VERY experienced with Pro Tools and band recording in
    that kind of setup AND could always do with some extra
    euros!... for a lo-fi example of recording go to
    myspace.com/jjdarby
    I work with Pro Tools Audio Post production full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

studio_one wrote:
    I'm VERY experienced with Pro Tools and band recording in
    that kind of setup AND could always do with some extra
    euros!... for a lo-fi example of recording go to
    myspace.com/jjdarby
    I work with Pro Tools Audio Post production full time

Hi Studio_one,
    What kind of a set up do you work with normally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 studio_one

frobisher wrote:
    Hi Studio_one,
    What kind of a set up do you work with normally?

HD3/Control 24 is the core of my rig
    it's a fully functioning studio. so plenty
    pf bells and whistles :)

Advertisement