Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pellet Prices

Options
  • 21-11-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Sorry for yet another pellet thread. As a soon to be pellet boiler owner I'd love to hear what everyone is paying for their bagged pellets (and from where) seeing as bulk deliveries aren't possible at the moment.

I got a price from Kedco (Kedco owner price I presume) of:

€165 per ton bulk (which is not available at present)
    €230 per ton bagged.

I haven't checked out other suppliers in the Kilkenny area yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi

The price above for 165 per tonne is for kedco customers only. More expensive to those of us who didn't buy a kedco boiler. However the 165 per tonnes is pretty much in line with Balcas prices.

We are using bags at moment as we are awaiting a bulk order and we are paying 5.50 for 18kg bag of Greenheat pellets from Galtee Fuels. We are picking up the pellets. They do deliver but you have to buy a pallet and we might not need that much is Balcas deliver to us! The Greeheat pellets are excellent quality pellets.

Stafford Fuels/Campus Oil also supply bagged pellets. Can't remember the price exactly but they deliver them to your door on a weekly basis if you wish. They were out of 6ml bagged pellets last week when we needed them! Bulk delivery is the only way to get good value.

Irish Pellets.com are quoting 250 per tonne bulk with min. order 3 tonnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iveagh

I have a pellet boiler I live in Co Down the best price I can get is for a 25KG bag pick up and fill yourself @ STG4.00 + 5% tax cannot talk bulk as yet but hope to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

pellets at 270 euro are the same price as oil at 60c a litre
    or 1 litre of oil = 2.2kg of wood pellets
    bag pellets are a real rip off I read that you can buy bulk pellets in poland
    as cheap as 90 euro a ton
    5.50 euro for an 18kg bag = 305 euro a ton
    I am burning barley in my baxi boiler but dont feel right burning food

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I was paying 5.50 euro per 18.KG bag 2 months ago and then 6.40 euro per bag 1 month ago. Thankfully I got my store finished and got a 4 tonne bulk delivery last week as the prices seem to be rising all the time. Market forces or rip off forces, I am not sure which.

Lastbuilders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

We were convinced that we would go for woodpellets next year when building our 95M2 extension, but with all the price hikes at the moment for pellet boilers and the pellets itself, we are re-thinking and will probably end up with something multi fuel-ish, as we have a lot wood and turf almost for free available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

Just saw an item in German magazine , price rise from Ock. 05 to Oct. 06 €180- to €240 / ton plus 7% VAT . Suppliers say there wont be a supply bottleneck as there was last year. They equate current cost to 4.8c / Kwhr as against 6 to7c for oil.
    pjq

Advertisement