Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco to establish global R&D centre in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Most lightly not. Their were a few lads and a girl asking the same question at the presentation and thats what they were told.
    But if you know somebody in Cisco they might be able to pull a few strings for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Has anybody got a contact address/email I can send my CV to? Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

ARGINITE wrote:
    Most lightly not. Their were a few lads and a girl asking the same question at the presentation and thats what they were told.
    But if you know somebody in Cisco they might be able to pull a few strings for you.

very true I suppose, a contact got me a job in a research group for 2 summers so I'll see who I can dig out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Evo wrote:
    whats Oranmore got to do with that? ( sounds like a smart comment, its not sorry.. )

Thats where there setting up and they might not be set by 2008 there for under grads. On the interim they'll be set up in Galway city and I don't think they'll have places for undergrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Thats where there setting up and they might not be set by 2008 there for under grads. On the interim they'll be set up in Galway city and I don't think they'll have places for undergrads.

They will be based in the Oranmore Business Park. Their new building is almost complete, you can see it beside the dual carriageway as you are heading toward the Oranmore/Claregalway roundabout (the one with the quality hotel on it). The building has a completely glass front to it and is directly in front of the Caulfield Industrial HQ and beside Tom Dempseys carpets. The building is due for completion in mid summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Larry_o_C

Software engineer I think. I have already had a phone interview before Christmas. They gave me 2 days notice. The interview went quite well I think.

What kinda technical questions did they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

^^Have an interview aswell? Just got a call for one on Monday. What were the questions like?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

The current address is

Galway Technology Park, Block 10
    Parkmore
    Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Razzle wrote:
    The current address is

Galway Technology Park, Block 10
    Parkmore
    Galway

How does one get there from Limerick?

Bus to Galway Station and a town bus out to the tech park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

kaimera wrote:
    How does one get there from Limerick?

Bus to Galway Station and a town bus out to the tech park?
    That should work. The Parkmore bus stop is only a minutes walk through Eyre Square from the bus/train station. Galway Technology Park has a bus stop directly outside it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thanks leeroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Any word on how the interviews went for the S/W Dev jobs?

what were the Q's like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Any word about the premise in Oranmore, did they move in, did they get it?, and where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

They are in Parkmore at the moment but will moving to Oranmore in the Summer. There was a photograph in the paper recently of the developer handing over the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I had a friend working there, I think they've brought the staff out to have a look at how the new place is getting on. I suppose that means they have it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

The heading to this thread is misleading if ur not paying much attention. Im just up and i could have sworn the heading said "Sisco to establish global R&B centre in Galway". lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Anybody applying for the summer internship for cisco,they are coming to our college tomm to give a talk and they are hiring...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I might apply for a job with them. Hmm...
    My final year project is on Unified Communications, which they seem to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement