Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Door saddles

Options
  • 21-11-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Im looking for some nice new wooden door saddles but Im having real problems finding them.
    I have been able to find some white oak ones but they only sell them for a single door and I have 2 double doors that I want to fit them to.

Any leads greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

Hi GreeBo, Not sure where you are based but I was in the same boat last year looking for teak saddleboards. None of the Woodies or Atlantics did the size I needed so I went to Woodworkers in Terenure. http://www.woodworkers.ie/
    Found them very helpfull and got what I wanted (maybe a bit more expensive than some places).
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Brooks have the bigger ones i.e. 6-7 feet

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

Would you think about buying the wood from a timber merchants? I got lovely white oak and just planed it down to size. Worked out cheaper and looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Thanks for the ideas guys.
    Ive contacted woodworkers.ie (im in Knocklyon so just up the road) and waiting to hear back from them.
    I'll try out brooks over the weekend, thx for that one.

I had considered getting the timber and making them myself but time is kinda against me and Im not 100% sure that I could get the same results for each piece.

thx again.

Advertisement