Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Double Door Solutions

Options
  • 21-11-2006 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    We have an internal double door that we want to change.
    Right now it opens as a normal double door, in the centre, hinged at each side.
    We want to change it so that the right hand door is hinged to the one on the left, which in turn is hinged to the frame.

Ideally there would be some sort of locking bolt that holds the left door to the middle of the frame until you want it opened.

Im sure I have seen these before but I have no clue what they are called or where to look for them...

thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

GreeBo wrote:
    bounce

The problem is that the two doors are supported off only one set of hinges.

This means that the "outside" one scrapes off the ground all the time.

You could replace the "outside" one with a japanese paper screen?

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

well what I would be trying/hoping to do is use 3 hinges on the main door and also have it supported on the edge where the other door is connected.
    It would have some sort of locking to prevent it from always opening, but I think there should be a way to have some sort of spring loaded support on its external base so that, at least in the closed position, it is resting on this support/leg/wheel.

anyone seen anything like this?

Advertisement