Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pat on the back

Options
  • 21-11-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Just to say well done Fast Fit
    Great service - came out to where I am changed the tyres and charged the same as if I had just driven in. Great makes a change to feel your getting value for money :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

good to see positive posts, unfortunately reminds me of their predecessor Quik Fit, asked herself to get the tyres changed, chatted to the manager and sorted out exactly what needed to be done, agreed it all.
    Herself arrives in, yer man takes it up, changes the tyres and then spots the cat convertor, says in bad shape, unsafe to drive ( I know ), highly recommends to have replaced - at high expense , known problem with that make of car etc etc, herself phones me in a panic - had told her to get nothing else done - with the story.
    So I phone and ask to speak to the manager - not the "guy" hardpushing the new cat, manager agrees with the "guy" that I'm better off getting it done now.
    Grand says I, luckily I have a good mechanic that spotted this and it did need doing, only thing is I got it done 3 months ago and YOU did it for me, now complete the tasks agreed, fook off and think yourself lucky that I am not taking this any further. Wan'#rs, rant over.

Glad OP was taken care of, pity about the above, herself will not take a car into any garage now and who can blame her after the above treatment

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Kwik Fit were well known for "add-ons". Fast Fit are a totally different company - have been around for ages and bought the Kwik Fit outlets to expand their own operations.

Fast Fit have always had a good rep. - Used to be DC Exhausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'll never forget the first time ever I went to get my front tyres changed at Kwik-Fit

"Oh you'll need to get the tracking done with the new tyres" as if it wasn't going to cost anything

Charged me an extra €35 (A lot to me at the time, was still in 2nd level!) .... Didn't even have the money to pay for it at the time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

slave1 wrote:
    Grand says I, luckily I have a good mechanic that spotted this and it did need doing, only thing is I got it done 3 months ago and YOU did it for me, now complete the tasks agreed, fook off and think yourself lucky that I am not taking this any further. Wan'#rs, rant over. her after the above treatment

It's all about quick thinking but I would have got a written quote for the new cat and once I had that, pointed out that since it was only replaced 3 months ago, he'd have to replace it at his expense.

But yeah it's nice to good service once in a while.

Advertisement