Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT go live time

Options
  • 21-11-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I ordered BT broadband + line rental about two weeks ago. There's been no movement on my order in those two weeks, BT are saying that they are waiting on Eircom. The line was recently reactivated and has never had broadband on it. Is it usually this slow? BT are being very cagey. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

i finally got my BT router today. i originally ordered the BT broadband around the start of october, so i've been waiting about 5-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

8-10 working days is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Took 3 weeks to get what I needed Broadband wise and a further 2 to get the phone line changed over..

can't say I was chuffed either when I recieved a 1st bill which was 60+ euros for broadband alone, next one will most likely reach double that with line rental..they advertise a 40 euro a month package and conveniantly leave out the VAT bit ...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dogpile wrote:
    Took 3 weeks to get what I needed Broadband wise and a further 2 to get the phone line changed over..

can't say I was chuffed either when I recieved a 1st bill which was 60+ euros for broadband alone, next one will most likely reach double that with line rental..they advertise a 40 euro a month package and conveniantly leave out the VAT bit ...:cool:
    All their advertised prices include vat but it's shown separately on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

kaizersoze wrote:
    All their advertised prices include vat but it's shown separately on the bill.

Just looked at their site and notice their 2meg stand alone Broadband is 30euro a month which I guess is what I've been billed for before the line rental package kicks in...you're probably right, I'll have to wait see what the next bill works out as

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Thanks for the replies guys. I finally got in touch with their CS and it turns out that there was an error made in the initial application (I ordered online), so they created a new order and now I have a go live date of next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Dont get to excited,I had the same problem, ordered online (first week of october) waited a few days no response. Called them up and they said they had a problem with online orders so took a phone order for me. Got a 10 day lead time from the phone order. Got a letter in the mail dated 5 days after my order into my lead time saying that the install would be 15 days from the date on the letter (so now we are looking at 20 day lead time total)

Cut a long story short I only got connected yesterday after 37 working days. Although I do feel that Eircom compounded this as they did not release the line for a few days (this was not a changeover but a fresh install.

Advertisement