Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block unused chimney

Options
  • 21-11-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, we've just removed a solid fuel stove from the kitchen, that was connected into a chimney flue (no fireplace, it was built for the stove). We bought the house withthis stove already in place and have just taken it out in order to make space for more kitchen units.

Is it OK to just cover over the hole in the wall with the new units (the splashback tiling should cover the hole) or is there something more substantial that needs to be done. BTW, the flue is bone dry when I put my hand into even on a wet day.

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Patrickof wrote:
    Hi, we've just removed a solid fuel stove from the kitchen, that was connected into a chimney flue (no fireplace, it was built for the stove). We bought the house withthis stove already in place and have just taken it out in order to make space for more kitchen units.

Is it OK to just cover over the hole in the wall with the new units (the splashback tiling should cover the hole) or is there something more substantial that needs to be done. BTW, the flue is bone dry when I put my hand into even on a wet day.

Thx

if you are going to close it at the bottom, seal it at the top too.

Advertisement