Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom light problem

Options
  • 21-11-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I wonder can you help me? The light in the my downstairs toilet in a 2 bed house does not work, when I took the cover off there is a strange bulb attached to wires - how do I change it without electrocuting myself - no DIY skills!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

switch off the mains circuit for the whole house on the junction box! It's in your porch above the central heating unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sounds a bit weird...bulb attached to wires?..is there not a standard bathroom ceiling light fitting?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lelito

It doesnt look like a standard light fitting. I presume because of the stairs taking up half the roof space the light can not go on the ceiling. It is on the wall beside the sink. What I thought was the bulb is attatched to two wires which are attached to the actual wiring in the light socket. Dont know if it makes any sense. Someone said they are life long lights i.e. are not supposed to go I must be unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have an idea of the light fitting you are talking about....its not necessarily a long life bulb but one of those flourescent bulbs in a squiggle shape.

To take off the cover I think you have to rotated it. Surely the wires are all fixed neatly in place and you can simply detach the light fitting. If you get nowhere at sorting it out give me a shout.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement