Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest tattoo place!

Options
  • 21-11-2006 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

HEY GUYS!!

I went into zulu the other day asking about my first tattoo!! im getting a small star on my ancle as my first to see what its like and they say its €60! just askin if theres anywhere that'll do it cheaper for me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's a saying; "A cheap tattoo isn't a good one"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

just pay the money, you can pay 60 quid for a job done right, or 20 quid for a blob on ur ankle that kinda looks like a star when u close one eye and squint with the other. 60 bills is fairly reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

It costs that much so that you actually think whether you really want it or not, in Snakebite as far as i know they have a 80 quid minimum charge on tattoos, at least I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

€60 is the absolute minimum charge for pretty much anywhere reputable in Ireland, many places charge a lot more. If you're not happy with that, get one of your mates to do it for you with a toothpick and some tar, it'll soon become fairly obvious what the charge is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

60 euro is the minimum charge in zulu, i got 8 stars on my ankle in there last year and it only cost 90, so it is quite reasonable, and i was really happy with the completed job. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap.. I remember some guy said that to me before I got my 1st one.. :rolleyes:

60 is fair cheap tbh... for one star!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Whatever about tattoos, "you get what you pay for" is a universal truth...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm thinking of getting a new one this Saturday and and I was thinking along the lines of €200 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm thinking of getting a new one looking at about €1500-€2000. The more spent the better the return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what and where on your body emmet? or is it all a secret until you post pics?
    hows your backpiece coming along, never saw the finished product i dont think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

The price of getting one star and getting 4 may not be that far apart at all. The same amount of prep and setup has to be done, regardless. You're not just paying to have a star on your ankle, you're paying to be inked with sterile equipment by a trained professional.

If you want to hand over a score to let some hack poke you with a needle on a Saturday afternoon, that's your call. You won't get anyone here giving you directions and a phone number though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

My last Tattoo was 750 plus travel and accom to Spain to get it done. It was only 4hrs work aswell. 60 is pretty good, considering the time put into setting up etc. The set up is the same for a big or a small tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

yea i get what you all mean i suppose i will have to pay the money but cause its so small i thought it would have been cheaper! guess i was wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

What is even worse than cheap tattoos is cheap tattoo removal.

Seriously you are better saving your hard earned tattoo cash for a big fat ass tattoo!

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Wilburt wrote:
    what and where on your body emmet? or is it all a secret until you post pics?
    hows your backpiece coming along, never saw the finished product i dont think

My back isn't finished yet as i had to move to london so can only get sessions done when i'm back in dublin, The main bird is nearly finished now hopefully get it done over x-mass, then i might change to a london artist for the background. I'm thinking of starting my right sleeve over here got the idea sorted just need to find an artist i like over here to do it. Been checking out a few places aiming to get it started in the new year

wow thats cool , good luck with it. im planning something for my 21st, hopefully gonna get lukas zpira to do something :D:D

Advertisement