Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink-jet Printer Help

Options
  • 21-11-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Howdie Folks,

I'm currently coming to the end of a development phase for a line of Christmas cards, It's only now I realise, I can only print on the outside (glossy) of the card. The back of the paper, is surprisingly regular, 240gsm, a little coarse but bright white but any attempts at printing on it end up in some of the ink settling on top of the paper and smudging ... I've tried setting the printer to different media types with no luck ...

Canon iP3000 & Rex Office Glossy Paper.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

buy double sided paper?

if you want a recommendation, I got some in a sample pack from svp.co.uk, gloss 1 side, matt the other, not sure if its still for sale tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

some printers also have xerox printing machines, there used for small runs, it might be cheaper to get them printed on a xerox machine and let them worry about all that. although i'd get a proof or two first as quality can vary slightly.
    i got stuff printed from prontaprint in cork before, very quick and good quality.
    pretty cheap too!

Advertisement