Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ball

• 21-11-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

does anyone happen to know if its free in or not?

also,may seem like a stupid question but are non-UCD students allowed in?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Its not free and I think non-UCD students are allowed yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

What is this Christmas Ball and when is it on? Is it a "ball" ball or just a "messy night out, not dressed in black-tie regalia" ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

pimpy_c wrote:
    What is this Christmas Ball and when is it on? Is it a "ball" ball or just a "messy night out, not dressed in black-tie regalia" ball?

Its usually a messy night out in the student bar so dont go donning your tux. Theres usually condoms hanging from the xmas tree at the end of the night....lovely......

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

well, I've never been, but it's on in the student bar. I cannot see a black-tie event happening there tbh. And their web page does not saying anything about any dress code.

Details:

Student Bar
    Events in the Student Bar

Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 At 08:00 PM
    Christmas Ball
    Student Bar
    Late Bar
    Bands, djs, games, give aways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dosnt sound super duper to me.

what about the strauss ball. what's the general idea with that?

• Advertisement

dosnt sound super duper to me.

what about the strauss ball. what's the general idea with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I have vague memories a sneaking in the back door of the student bar at last years Christmas Ball... paying into the student bar sucks.

*warning about late bars in the Student Bar*

If the situation at Justice is anything to go by the heaters are set to go off when the bar usually closes it gets pretty damn cold.

@Grimes
    The strauss ball is a fancy ball, white tie, somewhere nice (i.e. not the student bar)

@Grimes
    The strauss ball is a fancy ball, white tie, somewhere nice (i.e. not the student bar)

Much better. Ill go to that, more my scene than drinking in that **** hole that for some reason is acredited the name "Bar" .

Alternate Names For the Student Bar
    • Ice box **** hole with bad lighting bar?
    • Students have no respect for where they drink bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote:
    Much better. Ill go to that, more my scene than drinking in that **** hole that for some reason is acredited the name "Bar" .

[/LIST]

Costs a lot more though, that's the only problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

White tie! Hat and a tails for the men (in theory)
    Table of 10 700euro

• Advertisement

Boards table !! Me remembers video for Dirtbag. Roffles...

75 quid? I think ill treat myself one really nice night of class and subtle enjoyment with one special lady (i know she'll say no) rather then the series of cheap , disturbing, free alcohol fuled , major hangover , what the **** did i do last night, oh my god i said what to her nights ive been having a string of lately.

Pretty*monster knows what im talking about...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'd much rather go to the Christmas Ball than the over-priced Strauss ball, especially with lack of funds and Christmas approaching etc. Blizzards and Corona in the same place on a night out I'd say is worth paying into the Student Bar for

are you confusing the Ents Xmas Ball and BnL Xmas Cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Cracker is in Tramco Ball with The Blizzards, Corona, etc is in SU Bar, There's a gang of us going should be good craic! WEll things tend to be fun as long as you're with mates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

wow the blizzards.....................again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Up the engineering snow ball!!

I can have either a bunch of bands whose music I probably won't listen to... or a bunch of engineering guys and discounted drinks... I know where I'm going ;)

Edited it cos I spelt probably wrong...duh

Und again to say that I just noticed the ents christmas ball is on the same night... YEA ONLY ENGINEERS (well if you want to come I suppose you can)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'm so confused...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Brenwatcher

should be great nice line up....santa grotto too, time to get out the sexy santa outfit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

5 days of college left,
    4 till I start to panic about exams,
    3 till the Christmas Ball,
    2 till Strass
    And a Partridge in a pear tree (oh and Council much?!:D )

Grimes wrote:
    Boards table !! Me remembers video for Dirtbag. Roffles...

75 quid? I think ill treat myself one really nice night of class and subtle enjoyment with one special lady (i know she'll say no) rather then the series of cheap , disturbing, free alcohol fuled , major hangover , what the **** did i do last night, oh my god i said what to her nights ive been having a string of lately.

Pretty*monster knows what im talking about...:p

Ah Im havigna total strauss spaz attack!A friend of mine has a ticket but I have no ball dress up with me!Can I go in just a going out dress or will I stick out like a sore thumb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

panda100 wrote:
    Ah Im havigna total strauss spaz attack!A friend of mine has a ticket but I have no ball dress up with me!Can I go in just a going out dress or will I stick out like a sore thumb?

Ah there's a drinks reception thing so most people won't notice :p

Ah go, tis fun + u can steal a boy's coat if u think u stick out....

I can't go, stupid continuous assessment :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

This board seems to attract a lot of moany begrudgers. The christmas ball in the su bar last year was great. Its widely regarded by most of my friends as one of the best ucd nights. Even Anto Kelly marked it as the highlight of his year. It was certainly leagues better than the christmas bal in spirit in first year.

By the way, if you cant force yourself to part with the 7euro, get some black mascara and draw a stamp on your wrist, loads of the guys got into justice that way:D

Anton17 wrote:
    By the way, if you cant force yourself to part with the 7euro, get some black mascara and draw a stamp on your wrist, loads of the guys got into justice that way

You can count on that not working tonight now that we know about it.

Does anyone know If open mic is still on on wedensdays and is it on tonight?

panda100 wrote:

Thats in the Centre Bar so yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

panda100 wrote:
    It wasn't on last week. I was there at just after 10 and it was empty upstairs

Its been empty for weeks so we cancelled it (though I thought we were gonna let the semester run out)

Its been empty for weeks so we cancelled it (though I thought we were gonna let the semester run out)

That was my favourite nite out on campus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It was crap!! Git told me to shush once, for talking loud in a pub!!

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    That was my favourite nite out on campus!!

Then you should have actually gone.
    Average turn out is 6 ppl.

Maybe it will continue, but I cant see it going on as aweekly thing

Advertisement