Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ball

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Then you should have actually gone.
    Average turn out is 6 ppl.

I did went almost every week for the last three years except this year when no one was turning up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

And we were trying to figure this out; what happened this year that nobody is showing up?

Its run by the same guy, though hes left UCD a while and maybe so have his friends. Is it an advertising problem or is just that there are better things. I accept that with S&M turnout at everything is down, but this was quite successful last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I saw little or no advertising for it, to be honest. Maybe that was a big factor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

And we were trying to figure this out; what happened this year that nobody is showing up?

Its run by the same guy, though hes left UCD a while and maybe so have his friends. Is it an advertising problem or is just that there are better things. I accept that with S&M turnout at everything is down, but this was quite successful last year

Yeah that guy is great..edgar or something?
    I stopped going cos there was no acts..It was only edgar and his guitar and that was about it. I think there should have been more advertising for acts. There was a med idol on med day this year and the amount of talent in med alone was just phenonemal but most of them had never heared of open mic in the forum bar. If you get the acts in then people will come!

Also during marc ryberys/dave sherrys era each week at open mic theyd invite a prominet singer/comedian/whatever to come which drew in alot of people too. I remember Gemma Hayes sang at it three years ago before she got big.Im pretty sure Neil Delemare did it too a couple of years back too.

Id definatly help you after xmas get this night back on track .It was such a brill night and used to be a huge draw for the forum bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Do you mean Ingve?

Also, Panda, if you're a regular visitor did you happen to possibly catch me and Barry Colfer doing in two years ago? We just decided to pop down for the laugh one night, ended up doing an acoustic version of Mr Brightside, The Professor Et La Fille Danse by Damien Rice and Alphabet Soup by Bell x1 (Barry on the banjo...)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement