Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland soon providing Nokia Unlock Codes!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So you can't lower the tariff at all? I seemed to recall it was possible to do so after the first 6 months, but I may be mixing that up with 3 in another country, or an old offer that no longer exists.
    you can after 6 months but if you're on the 60 tariff you have to drop to the 45 tariff and then the 25 the month after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I rang their customer care twice, and twice I was told I could not drop tariff. I asked was it possible to change after 6 months, as is common with other operators, and they said I could not change it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I called three a few days ago. Told them I wanted to upgrade to N73 but was buying specifically with a view to using it in conjunction with their forthcoming x-series service.
    I asked the sales rep if she knew when x-series was due to go public here in Ireland and she said she didn't know.

I then told her I would be dropping my tariff down to €25pm from €45 as soon as x-series came out (be it 2wks or 6 mths) and would go for the gold option.

Does this effect my upgrade price I asked her?

She said, after deliberation & after checking with others, that it would not as they didn't know an exact date for x-series launch. (a little worrying by her tone btw..could be a while.)

She pointed out, quite fairly, that if they had a date, it would then be my responsibility to choose my upgrade path, but as they didn't have a date its their responsibility and I cannot be held liable for any future uncertainties. So my upgrade price was quoted to me on my current band based on the €45pm pricepoint.

PS: They also relented on the €25 unlock fee for my old phone and have noted both my future rental plans and free unlocking on my account at my insistence.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

quintron wrote:
    PS: They also relented on the €25 unlock fee for my old phone and have noted both my future rental plans and free unlocking on my account at my insistence.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but after all my communications with Three regarding getting my Nokia 6680 unlocked....three did not charge me for unlocking so fair juice to them :)

Received my last bill from them awhile back and I'm in credit for €15 so must ring them and ask for them to refund me that :D

chrislad wrote:
    I rang their customer care twice, and twice I was told I could not drop tariff. I asked was it possible to change after 6 months, as is common with other operators, and they said I could not change it at all.
    i've changed mine as have a few other people i know so that person was wrong

• Advertisement

i rang 3 twice today and was put through to mumbai both times. i think they've moved the customer care ahead of schedule. but i was pleasantly surprised by their english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

yes rang them twice in the last week, gone to mumbai each time and like vimes was pleasantly suprised by their level of english

• Registered Users Posts: 5 supersub

Hi all,

I'm currently on 3 pay monthly plan and have just lost my phone. my contract is up in 2 months and have requested a replacment sim(Approx €27). I'll be travelling to spain in June and need a phone that will work on a spanish sim when i buy one over there (i think they cost around €20). I'm due an upgrade but will have to sign a new contract for 12 months if i take it.

what would be my best move? Would it be easy to get unlock codes for the upgrade phone so it would work for a Spanish sim? Oh and they offered me a PAYG phone for €99 for what it's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They won't give you the unlock codes unless you pay off your entire contract. Ridiculous policy to have.

chrislad wrote:
    They won't give you the unlock codes unless you pay off your entire contract. Ridiculous policy to have.
    and terminate it of course. there's no point upgrading if you intend to ask for the unlock code because they'll end the contract

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tiger Fan

Just been stung for the 3 e25 unlock fee, of course I didnt know about it til I rang them to get it done. I am switiching back to Vodafone after a year with 3, I couldnt seem to get a Price Plan to fit me and ended up spending way over my monthly limit, plus most of my family member aand friends are on Vodafone so get to use the free calls / texts option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Will they only do Nokias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Will they only do Nokias?

Old thread!

They will unlock all phones when you pay them the rip off admin charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I bought my N97 off an ebay seller its branded with three and only accepts their SIM, have rang them and tried to unlock but they say that they have no information on their system when I give the the IMEI code, so I cant get it unlocked. Am I only able to unlock it if I get the original owners code? I am a bit lost, seems ridiculus to put these restricitions on phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Is it a 3Ireland phone. What country was the seller in?

Yeah it it 3G ROI, the 3 animation is displayed on startup so this is how I know. The seller was from Co.Kerry

justryan wrote: »
    Yeah it it 3G ROI, the 3 animation is displayed on startup so this is how I know. The seller was from Co.Kerry

Did you think it was going to come unlocked from the seller? You could ask the seller to ring them to see about getting the unlock code, BUT three are going to charge he an admin free to unlock it. The price will depend on if he is bill or pay as you go, and whether he renewed the contract.

Have contacted the seller several times, might go to a shop to see if they can unlock it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If the IMEI doesn't bring up any information then I would imagine it's not an Irish phone. If the seller got it in say the UK or Italy then it will have all the 3 logo's but will bring up no information on 3 Ireland's systems.

Have contacted the seller several times, might go to a shop to see if they can unlock it

Send it back to the seller. If it was to be unlocked, it should be unlocked. You are entitled to get your money back.

You wont get it unlocked in a shop here. It will have to go to the uk and will cost you over 60 euro.

• Advertisement

@walkman yeah thats what I thought also. But the product code was something like 0584605, which is 3G ROI. I have changed this with JAF

@davy my fault really for being a bit silly, the ad clearly stated that it is locked to three, do you know for definite if the shops here can't do it because there is two places I can go to get it done. Whats so special about the N97 that it cant be unlocked anyway?

Walkman wrote: »
    If the IMEI doesn't bring up any information then I would imagine it's not an Irish phone. If the seller got it in say the UK or Italy then it will have all the 3 logo's but will bring up no information on 3 Ireland's systems.

Yes, thats what i first thought, but the OP did specified ROI so i took that as they put an irish sim in the phone and it accepted it and that the startup logo lead them to putting in the 3 sim

@davy my fault really for being a bit silly, the ad clearly stated that it is locked to three, do you know for definite if the shops here can't do it because there is two places I can go to get it done. Whats so special about the N97 that it cant be unlocked anyway?

its new type security on the phones SL3

Advertisement