Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Line

Options
  • 21-11-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi , has anyone come across a ratchet winder , which is either fixed to a wall or the T-bar of a clothes line ? I've seen them in the UK but can't locate one .

Regards.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John McCormack

Do you mean a crank handle attached to a winch for manual tightening. If so then ? any use in trying a boating/nautical shop for one of the winches that are attached to a boat trailer for winching small boats manually singlehandedly out of the water. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I not sure if this is what you mean but I got one of those roll-up lines ie. they recoil into a box which is afixed to a wall. Its not rachet as such - the two lengths of line are kept taught by wrapping them around a couple of 'notches'. Bought in argos for ...20yoyo i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Glenquin

Sorry that my description was vague but it is more like a boat winch .
    It actually has 2 winches ,which I think are those little ones that make a chain link fence taught but obviously made to take handles and fitted to a bracket for attaching to the T-bar.
    I'll try a chandler tomorrow and see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

I have a winch for a clothes line that I bought in Colm Steel in Athlone. They shift a lot of their own steel clothes line poles and sell the winch separately. I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I can get you the product details tomorrow. Maybe there's a steel merchant near you that does the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If i'm picturing the item you described correctly then they have what your looking for in woodies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement