Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D/4D Scans

Options
  • 21-11-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

Just went for a 3D scan today and I have to say its been the most amazing experiance Iv ever had.

I was totally staggered to see my baby there in real time making facial movements,stretching,kicking.....even yawning!!

Iv spent the whole day just looking at the pictures and then spent the last 2 hours watching the dvd again and again..

I just wanted to post to let other parents to be on boards,know all about it ...truely an amazing experiance.:D :D

I can give details of where we went if anyone is intrested...just P.M me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There was a recent post on this (tried to find but search won't work) and the pics posted were pretty cool. Do you have pics that you can post?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sorry it took a while to figure out how to upload the pics but heres two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cool pics! So much clearer than the standard US.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

How many months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ditte

hi, could you give me some details? i live in cork, is the scan available somewhere here? whats the price of it? thx! ditte@mail.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

That is soooo weird i came in here to start a thread asking if anyone had ever had one as i have only heard in the last half an hour that they are available here in Ireland so i started to google lol

Only 11 weeks but i want one of those!! Wow its amazing isnt it!!

Congrats Kaiser1. How long are you gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

D'oh i just noticed the dates on this thread - November 2006!!

Not so weird after all :o

Sorry Kaiser!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wow, excellent pics.

hey guys...just a quick up date and pic of our boy...

6 weeks old now and doing pretty well.

heres some pics of him in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Cool pics, my girlfriend is at the five month mark and we were wondering you get these 4D scans done. Is there anywhere in the real capital doing them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Paolo_M wrote:
    Cool pics, my girlfriend is at the five month mark and we were wondering you get these 4D scans done. Is there anywhere in the real capital doing them?

i think the only places that do them is dublin and limerick, if u google 3d scans limerick the website of the place comes up, i think they cost €170 was thinking of getting them done myself but im due in 7 weeks so ill just wait to see him in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I have mine booked for next Monday in Paula Tunney's clinic in Rathgar. I can't wait. I'll be 27wks so hoping to get some good clear pics. We already found out that we're having a boy, the ulstra-sound in the hospital was alot clearer than I expected. This is the little guy at 20wks.

m_cd6d24067635c0781531d618abd85963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi Shelli, bring a cold fizzy drink with you our girl was having a lazy day and we had to come in and out a few times.

enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ali..x

Hi..I was wondering could u tell me were u had ur scan done? I really want to have one but havn't a clue were to look..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Where are you based? I had mine done in MD Ultrasound. It's just off Grafton Street in Dublin and they do Saturday appointments, which is good if you want your partner and/or family there. We got lots of pictures plus a DVD- definitely worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

that md ultrasound place has a place in penrose wharf cork i am quite sure. they have a video playing facing out onto the street anyway of a 3d baby! its brill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

There is also a place in Swords do it. If that is easier for you to get too. You can google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jessbud

Hi. I had a 4d scan done last Sat with Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock. Have to say it was brill, found out we are having a little girl. The woman doing it was very good and spent ages trying to get my little one to wake up (to no avail) but got some very good pics of her. Also got a dvd and cd with 35 pics on it. Was worth every penny (195 euro). Would highly recommend her.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 littlemissbusy

Hi,
    I had a scan done at the 24 week mark and I have to say I was so impressed. It was amazing. Little one is now 1.5 years and can still see the comparison
    3/4 D Ultra Sounds - Limerick 061 414784 Dublin 01 6710075
    Ultrasound Dimensions Blackrock Dublin 01 210 0232
    www.mdu.ie
    www.ultrasounddimensions.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amandak9505

Joachim101 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Just went for a 3D scan today and I have to say its been the most amazing experiance Iv ever had.

I was totally staggered to see my baby there in real time making facial movements,stretching,kicking.....even yawning!!

Iv spent the whole day just looking at the pictures and then spent the last 2 hours watching the dvd again and again..

I just wanted to post to let other parents to be on boards,know all about it ...truely an amazing experiance.:D :D

I can give details of where we went if anyone is intrested...just P.M me
    Where can u have de scan done and how much does it cost???

• Advertisement

im 23 weeks nw and would like to have one done.wer did u get yours done???

silja wrote: »
    Where are you based? I had mine done in MD Ultrasound. It's just off Grafton Street in Dublin and they do Saturday appointments, which is good if you want your partner and/or family there. We got lots of pictures plus a DVD- definitely worth it!
    Im in offaly.kno anywhere could ave 1done and de cost???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Sorry I don't know Offally! Cost is between 195 and 220 euro, depending on where you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mumof6

Hiya,
    I'm new to this board but have find it very useful!

Just wanted to say i just had my 3d 4d scan done at ultrasound
    dimensions in Blackrock. Very worthwhile... u can see
    their site at www.ultrasound.ie. Got a few free gift
    certificates also, 195e.

Goodluck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Anorak1

We had ours done at 22 weeks in MD off Grafton Street

The pics and CD are brilliant

My Son looked exactly the same as the pics when he was born

In part of the DVD he has his hand under his chin a lot and when he was born he still had this habit for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Alyama

I'm starting to get very excited now! Were having our 3D scan on the 6th December in Ballincollig, Cork.

Its 200 Euro but I reckon it'll be so worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

The standard 2d scan has a greater diagnostic yield. This 3d scanner image just gives you a picture of your baby., although The 3d scanners can be put into 2d mode.
    I don't like this fad of using expensive medical equipment just to get nice pics of the baby. Be shocked when you go to 3rd world countries where this kind of service is sold but there's a shanty town 50 metres away.

were did u get it done???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miss_anca

Hi Ali..x,

Personally i would recommend to get your scan at babyscan.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement