Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish human rights worker attacked by settlers in Hebron

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

A Swedish human rights worker was viciously attacked by a Jewish settler in Hebron on the 18th of November and recieved facial wounds and a broken cheekbone. A settler smashed a bottle onto her face and a group of settlers chanted "We killed Jesus and we'll kill you too" in Hebrew.
    Soldiers stood by at the Kiryat Arba Checkpoint and watched the whole attack. A settler medic arrived and she was questioned about why she was in Hebron for fifteen minutes. After that she was put on a stretcher and brought to Jeruslalem for medical treatment.

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/article.php?pg=11&ar=687

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

..and your point is caller?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

mike65 wrote:
    ..and your point is caller?
    Indeed.

Jakkass, as the OP, please insert your opinion on the matter as per the guidelines for posting.

That's awful.

Saw a fellow getting bottled last year in Cork. Not one media report. Then again, I guess any chance to have a go at settlers. Clearly the Corkonians should get out of Cork too...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

That's awful.

Saw a fellow getting bottled last year in Cork. Not one media report. Then again, I guess any chance to have a go at settlers. Clearly the Corkonians should get out of Cork too...
    yeah cause that's a valid comparison. The 'settlers' properly known as illegal occupiers have taken over land that in no way belongs to them and violently imprison the former owners in warsaw ghetto like conditions in gaza and the west bank. all because of a ridiculous false religious claim to that land based on fictional accounts in a 2000 year old book

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I find this more interesting. I would hope that since it relates to Israeli law rather than international law something might actually be done about it given Israels complete disregard for international law. Although they'll probably pass legislation to declare it as state land and carry on as before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6168752.stm

Akrasia wrote:
    yeah cause that's a valid comparison.

You thought I was attempting a valid comparison? Oh dear me, no. While I was certainly making the point that international news carrying reports about someone getting a smack in Irael only highlighted the hysteria around Israeli settlers and the lengths we go to portray they in a bad light,I was being facetious with the clearing Corkonians line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yeah I read that as well The Saint. Israeli High Court ruling forbid any form of settlement in the West Bank in the 70's

As OP I have to say that Zionism must be stopped and that Palestine must be free. This kind of treatment to internationals and Palestinians is completely unacceptable. It also proves that Israel and Zionism are also a major threat especially with nuclear weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Jakkass wrote:
    It also proves that Israel and Zionism are also a major threat especially with nuclear weapons.

jesus i've heard it all now. an incident with a swedish person being bottled by a memeber of the minority of israelis proves that?

amongst other things obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Saint wrote:
    Although they'll probably pass legislation to declare it as state land and carry on as before.
    The reason they have not formally absorbed the 'occupied territories' into Israel is because giving Arabs the vote would give them too much input into the Knesset.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

if there isn't a Palestinian nation the Arabs should be alowed to place a vote for the Knesset. Something needs to be done in relation to Zionism, it has gone far too far and the Palestinians need freedom from the oppression within in the occupied territories.

Advertisement