Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Where can I get cycle insurance for my bike ? I dont have home cover.

edit : Also do the Gardai stamp the bike frames, so if it gets stolen and recovered they know where to return it. I think this is a system they do in the UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

In the UK you can use Datatag. AFAIK a transponder is put inside the seat tube. The bike is registered with Datatag and police are given free scanners. It is not in operation here but Datatag (when I contacted them a year or two back) were interested.

Can you get home cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

good luck getting insurance even on home incurance above a certain value...how mcuh is the bike worth ?

Usually you have a model no. stamped underneath the BB. Write it down just inc case......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I'm getting home insurnace and will try and get it covered under that, the bike is a GT Avalanche 1.0 about 600e.

I will right down the the frame number.

Thanks

Advertisement