Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a bit of help

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I want to do german as an extra subject I have done it for the junior at honours level but it just wasnt possible to continue it in LC with the way the subject choices in our school were laid out.

I already do 8 subjects music outside school but would like to drop economics a mate of mine said something about his mam getting supplements off the department of education or something for free to do german as a pass subkect for the leaving but beyond tat he was pretty useless and I would like to go about this without paying for grinds as i really dont got the cash and the folks aint really an option......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dubhlinn

Hi,

I suggest you do the following:

Ring up the department of education and ask them for information on what your friend was talking about. Get details of the curriculum off them also.

Attend the language exchange in the Ilac - German is on Thursdays 6 - 8.

Do an exchange this summer or go to Germany and get a casual job. The only way to really learn a language is to live in the country itself.

Good luck.

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My brother did German as an extra subject and got an a1 in higher level. He went to classes in the Institute and also watched a lot of German tv and radio. He's doing it in college now aswell, so I'm sure if you're really into it, you can still do well.

Advertisement